Final Fantasy Epic RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Making Chemist's Potions Throwable

5 posters

Go down

Opinion?

Making Chemist's Potions Throwable Vote_lcap89%Making Chemist's Potions Throwable Vote_rcap 89% 
[ 8 ]
Making Chemist's Potions Throwable Vote_lcap0%Making Chemist's Potions Throwable Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
Making Chemist's Potions Throwable Vote_lcap11%Making Chemist's Potions Throwable Vote_rcap 11% 
[ 1 ]
Making Chemist's Potions Throwable Vote_lcap0%Making Chemist's Potions Throwable Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]

Total Votes : 9

Making Chemist's Potions Throwable Empty Making Chemist's Potions Throwable

Post  Karifean Sat Nov 10, 2012 2:08 am

If Chemist's Potions could be thrown at other players, that would give them an entirely new purpose and add some more depth (I think). As a payoff they could have something like double cooldown or so. It's an idea I just came up with out of the blue but I thought it might be worth it to ask whether or not you thought this was a stupid or a good idea.

Btw, Development still coming along. There's still some stuff left to do, but we're not cancelling it. Wink
Karifean
Karifean

Back to top Go down

Making Chemist's Potions Throwable Empty Re: Making Chemist's Potions Throwable

Post  Zergling_man Sat Nov 10, 2012 9:10 am

When you say throwing, I first think of using them offensively, which doesn't really work for beneficial effects.
It'd definitely make the Chemist a viable choice for taking bosses. Actually having a second healer! And he comes with a cool debuff.
Zergling_man
Zergling_man

Back to top Go down

Post  Nazzov Mon Nov 12, 2012 1:40 pm

Being able to restore other peoples' mana would also be a nice thing to have.
Nazzov
Nazzov

Back to top Go down

Post  Zergling_man Mon Nov 12, 2012 2:14 pm

Suddenly I realise I don't actually know what you're trying to do here. Would throwing be an option? When creating, or after you've made them? Or would it be a skill rebuild? Would Alchemy be affected in any way? (SUPER POTION TOSS!)
Zergling_man
Zergling_man

Back to top Go down

Post  Karifean Mon Nov 12, 2012 6:35 pm

I thought simply making the "Chemist's X" items targetable. As in you click on it and then choose a target.
Karifean
Karifean

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrenden Tue Nov 13, 2012 3:25 am

So does that mean your throwing the item itself or the heal from the item? I think that would be neat to throw the heal but... If I wanted to just use it on myself it sounds like now i'm gimmped out of my health potions unless Alchys can have the option to trade Chem X pots for throwable and back to non whenever they want. Kind of like how they can upgrade health potions to the next rank already, just maybe make it a toggle for swapping potions from thrown to normal and back to thrown again. I'd really hate to be potionless because I have to target myself each and every time

Andrenden

Back to top Go down

Post  Zergling_man Tue Nov 13, 2012 5:00 am

In light of Karifean's description, that seems like an easy fix to me. If you hit an ally, or right next to them, throws to them and heals. In every other case, heals you.
Well, this is assuming by "target" you mean unit target.
Zergling_man
Zergling_man

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrenden Tue Nov 13, 2012 7:34 am

yeah I was talking about unit targeting, and as long as it would work that I could still use the potions on myself when I needed too instead of getting stalled up by this change then it sounds good and does add a extra layer to being a chemist.

Andrenden

Back to top Go down

Post  prime_genx Thu Nov 15, 2012 12:40 pm

thats neat... how about adding up something more like when you throw a potion to an ally... percentages dependable on potion upgrade boost friendly target's health and when thrown at mobs does an AOE damage equivalent to the percentages it heals... or... i dunno... still am waiting for the next patch
prime_genx
prime_genx

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down