Final Fantasy Epic RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Old player - just came back

3 posters

Go down

Old player - just came back Empty Old player - just came back

Post  Boooster Wed Sep 23, 2015 10:46 am

Hi all,

I played this map ~6 years ago with my brother and remember loving it - I recall stopping because of other games/load codes didn't work (back then I don't think it was color coded for numbers/letters).

Anyway, we've recently started playing again and are having a blast - we tried a few different RPGS and this one popped up on my radar. After playing for ~4 hours yesterday I realized we missed out on a lot of the new features (Bazaar - didn't stop to wonder when I'd get new item messages from there, Arena, etc). I was hoping someone could answer a few questions:

1) BAzaar - if we sell tons of items is there a "last 7 items" created list in the bazaar that we can buy? If we sell a certain combination it is reset and the new combo item is now for sale there?

2) Quests - After checking the wiki and seeing how the branching quests work it doesn't seem like as big a deal that we need start from scratch each time we play. Having said that, it would be nice to try and complete a lot of quests to try out some of the cooler fights in the battle arena - I imagine it would take a good amount of time to set up each team by beating 20+ quests. Is it at all possible to save the game normally and then load? It will just be the two of us playing on LAN.

3) Materia - Haven't tried using it but it is stashed in my house - how useful are they? Do levels save between play sessions (if I expend the charges)?

4) Favorite class so far is the thief - what percentage do the drop rates increase? I have lvl 6 mug

5) Difficulties - aside from what is listed in quests/tool tips, how does difficulty affect the game? We've been playing on Hard, not hardcore. Does Legendary increase rare drops significantly? Does hardcore mode add any potential gains?

Thanks for making so an amazing map!! I was so happy to see it is still being updated Smile

Boooster

Back to top Go down

Old player - just came back Empty Re: Old player - just came back

Post  DGD-Kamina Wed Sep 23, 2015 2:14 pm

elo~

1) Not sure, I'll get back to you on that. I only play online multiplayer so all the cheap bazaar goods get bought up quick I've never had a full list.

2) This map fully supports war3 save/load so you and your friend are free to do so. Though it only takes me abot 2 hours to burn through all quests on normal mode except odin (2000 kills takes some time)

3) Yes you can save higher levels of materia. The elemental materia aren't too great but are still good for caster classes when their spells are on cooldown and you have extra mana. The biggest use of maxed elemental materia is to combine into Aie Tam Enib Moc to complete shinra's quest or summon the warring triad superboss fight or unlock the bazaar ring Iron Duke. Pretty much all the summon materia are useful - my favorite is Diablos .

4) Not sure about this either. My wild guess is 33%

5) It is quite noticeable. Some items like ultimate weapon seem to be 100% on hard/very hard. Hardcore mode breaks some difficulty locks (like some higher cups in the arena can't be accessed in difficulties under normal - playing hardcore is an alternative to increasing the difficulty), other than that the only thing I know about is Seitengrat only being obtainable in hardcore and you can do that in like a 5min game. I'm sure you can avoid the mode altogether if you wish (it is quite thrilling though).

DGD-Kamina

Back to top Go down

Post  Boooster Thu Sep 24, 2015 10:11 am

Thanks for the info!

Played a bit more yesterday and had a lot of fun with the bazaar good - bought up some great gear... I only wonder what we missed the first time.

Regarding war3 save - we tried saving the session via WC3 but upon loading it was an instant disconnect for the non-host. I take it that means we can't save like this? Maybe it was because we saved in the middle of the northern mountains with lots of loot/mobs around. Is that a known issue that we can fix?

Boooster

Back to top Go down

Post  psxlover Tue Sep 29, 2015 3:46 am

Boooster wrote:
Regarding war3 save - we tried saving the session via WC3 but upon loading it was an instant disconnect for the non-host.  I take it that means we can't save like this?  Maybe it was because we saved in the middle of the northern mountains with lots of loot/mobs around.  Is that a known issue that we can fix?

The war3 save wasn't working in earlier versions, it used to crash after loading in older versions, but that was fixed in 0.9.4. To tell you the truth I don't think I ever tried multiplayer loading so I can't say if it works correctly or not.
psxlover
psxlover

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down