Custom Models

Go down

Custom Models

Post  erikdaniel on Tue Sep 04, 2018 2:18 am

I feel like this suggestion is more for a down the line version as there are more immediate changes that need to be done. Regardless, I think eventually it would be nice to add custom models for each class that are more reminiscent of FF. Maybe even some custom models for summons and the bosses. Devs, thoughts?

erikdaniel

Back to top Go down

Re: Custom Models

Post  Karifean on Tue Sep 04, 2018 2:31 pm

I feel like the recreation of Final Fantasy classes and entities *within* the Warcraft engine is part of the map's charm, and it wouldn't do much except inflate the map size extremely to add custom models, but I'm willing to be told otherwise. Eventually anyways; next version has been in the making for way too long as is (and yes I'm still working on it).

Karifean

Back to top Go down

Post  erikdaniel on Wed Sep 05, 2018 5:21 pm

That's fair. In terms of practicality, no it does not add anything. It does, however, add visual flair. In any case, I simply assumed it was something that had been "put off" because of file size or because actual gameplay had taken a priority. I can definitely appreciate that the game was built 100% with Warcraft 3 elements, I never really saw it like that. Respect to you. If you don't mind me asking, what is in store for the new Ver Razz? If it's top secret stuff, I understand. I'm also down to beta test if need be.

erikdaniel

Back to top Go down

Post  Karifean on Sat Sep 08, 2018 4:04 am

Hard to pinpoint exactly what's changing cause there's lots of fundamental changes, most hero abilities in the game are changed in some way (a lot even being replaced entirely), most items are changed in some way. Some jobs feel *very* different from before. Attack speed now goes up to 10x original instead of just 5x (it's nearly impossible to actually hit the limit). Magic Defense is now a stat just like normal Armor that increases and stacks naturally instead of single pieces of equipment giving a fixed amount of spell reduction. And much much more...

Karifean

Back to top Go down

Post  erikdaniel on Mon Sep 10, 2018 3:25 pm

Karifean wrote:Hard to pinpoint exactly what's changing cause there's lots of fundamental changes, most hero abilities in the game are changed in some way (a lot even being replaced entirely), most items are changed in some way. Some jobs feel *very* different from before. Attack speed now goes up to 10x original instead of just 5x (it's nearly impossible to actually hit the limit). Magic Defense is now a stat just like normal Armor that increases and stacks naturally instead of single pieces of equipment giving a fixed amount of spell reduction. And much much more...

I'm excited. You have a good vision for the map so I trust that all the changes are gonna be A1!

erikdaniel

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum