Final Fantasy Epic RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Really hate passive skills

3 posters

Go down

Really hate passive skills Empty Really hate passive skills

Post  mythmizz Sun Nov 13, 2011 9:54 pm

For example : ninja bash passive / archer ministun passive

it make creeps use skills at me like I just use skill toward them but it's PASSIVE !!!

that make leveling a bit more harder sometimes especially for newbie/low level/non-mastered one.

mythmizz

Back to top Go down

Really hate passive skills Empty Re: Really hate passive skills

Post  Zergling_man Mon Nov 21, 2011 9:04 am

Sorry for the late reply. I saw your post when you put it up, but I was waiting for someone else to field this one, because I really don't know what you're trying to say.

As far as I can tell, you're saying "I don't like mobs having passive abilities, eg. Bash".
I doubt this will get you anywhere, because in short: That mob is what it is because it has Bash.
Zergling_man
Zergling_man

Back to top Go down

Post  mythmizz Mon Nov 21, 2011 12:34 pm

i meant "Passive stun ability of heroes make mobs use their skills that they only use it when attacked by spell"

for example : ninja ministun passive when i attacked monster with ability one,it used skill upon me also buff itself !~

i already resolved this by try to get another masters for dmg/hp/mp before continue leveling up this class Very Happy

so there's nothing now.

P.S. seal materia is very great when it randomly cast silence,

then boss won't use any skills again XD.

mythmizz

Back to top Go down

Post  Zergling_man Mon Nov 21, 2011 1:34 pm

Oooooh. Now I get it.
Huh, I've never seen that happen. But I guess it makes sense. Hmm... I don't really know what to say about that.
Zergling_man
Zergling_man

Back to top Go down

Post  Flameseeker Mon Nov 21, 2011 7:31 pm

In my opinion monsters don't using their skills unless hit by one is a bug that should be fixed. Otherwise they wouldn't need skills at all.
Another point in passive skills (used by heroes) is the ninja permanent invisibility, that's the skill that actually bothers me the most. Until he gets ranged attack its just horrible when monsters don't see you and go towards you, just to get slaughtered. You actually have to order the hero to go kill them (yes i'm really lazy on that aspect).
Still there aren't many problematic skills that monsters use, slow is a small bother on movement speed (like frost armor for melee heroes), and the really nasty debuffs come from bosses (blind/stop), and it should be slightly toned down (at least blind).

BTW does the materia have full effect on bosses? I never used them, specially seal materia, since i thought the effect would pass in few seconds.

Flameseeker

Back to top Go down

Post  Zergling_man Tue Nov 22, 2011 4:01 pm

True. Perhaps hard-code some better skill/spell AI in for the mobs...

If you just put him on a patrol path, he'll auto-acquire everything anyway.
(My personal preference is to play the highest micro possible build though. I just find it fun to be constantly spamming skills, putting as much of the combat directly in my hands as possible.)

True. But I can see it being horribly broken in other situations. (As you said, if that was how bosses were triggered. That'd be nasty.)
Yeah, the skill-spamming from bosses is just weird IMO. I'd like to see a complete reworking to be more interesting. Though dynamic boss fights are difficult enough already, even more-so in a limited engine like WCIII. But, it's still possible. Perhaps consider working towards this? I could probably help with ideas. (New thread idea?)

No clue. Depends on how they deal with our debuffs. They flick up for a second, but it doesn't seem an active effect of the boss.. I think it's more about the deal with different target types suffer things differently. In this case, whatever armour the bosses use mean they have a near curse immunity.
Zergling_man
Zergling_man

Back to top Go down

Post  Flameseeker Wed Nov 23, 2011 1:46 am

Wasn't patrol disabled on this last version?
It was abused to level while being away, though you can still level that way but it takes longer (monsters disappear after some time without manual input I think).

I also like to micro my heroes it's just annoying going for the last ogre/spider/(input other monster here) and since you're invisible you end up following the monster all over the map due to low movement speed, specially in early games.

In term of mob skills, just add things like self heals, mana-burn, shields (less magic damage/+ armor/nullify xx amount of damage), increased atk/mov speed, decrease heroes damage atk/mov speed, silence.
I don't think any of these are game breaking, anything that wont blind/stun you permanently is fine by me, and allow monsters to cast them freely. The only area that might be good to stay the same, or at least get a few tweek so it wouldn't be to hard on beginners, would be the forest.

Flameseeker

Back to top Go down

Post  Zergling_man Wed Nov 23, 2011 8:51 am

Oh yeah, I think I remember that now. But yeah, still not too hard to do it. (That said, it's hardly even necessary. But whatever.)

Heh. I tend to start with the mage tree so I don't run into that issue very often. (Perhaps we need cloaking mages?)

I like the sound of that. Though perhaps go for the extreme, deal with pack AI - start having things like wolves running around in clusters, and only using certain abilities when X number of them die, or when they're in a large enough group. Stuff like that. The large enough group, that could be an AoE buff that increases movespeed/attackspeed, the dying one could be a bloodlust that causes it to attack everything nearby (seeing as most of its pack just died, that probably means you) and become about 2-3x as powerful.
Zergling_man
Zergling_man

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down