Final Fantasy Epic RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

0.9.4 Questions

+3
Andrenden
Karifean
bobjoe123
7 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

0.9.4 Questions Empty 0.9.4 Questions

Post  bobjoe123 Mon Aug 10, 2015 6:31 pm

1. Does Archer's Rapid fire ability still scale with agility?
2. Does Freelancer actually benefit from masteries aside from being able to learn the abilities of the mastered classes?
3. Is there a section on magic immunity somewhere? I think I remember one being around but I can't find it, But i really need to know which abilities work on resistant skin and/or solid skin and which don't
4. Final complaint out of me hopefully, but what happened to the tooltips?
5. Thanks in advance for answering

bobjoe123

Back to top Go down

0.9.4 Questions Empty Re: 0.9.4 Questions

Post  Karifean Mon Aug 10, 2015 7:52 pm

1. Yes it does, even more so than before.
2. Its attributes increase as you reach Ultimate Master in other jobs.
3. Don't think there's anything like that. Debuff durations are generally reduced on resistant enemies, and abilities like Invitation, Death Sentence, the instant kill from Power Word, Kill don't work. Most superbosses are also impervious to being stunned, blinded or silenced. Magic Immunity, naturally, makes you immune to any and all forms of magic damage or debuffs.
4. Just made them more general. It feels strange to give mathematical formulas in a tooltip. The general idea was to put the actual formulas on the wiki instead.
5. You're welcome!
Karifean
Karifean

Back to top Go down

Post  bobjoe123 Mon Aug 10, 2015 8:08 pm

Karifean wrote:1. Yes it does, even more so than before.
2. Its attributes increase as you reach Ultimate Master in other jobs.
3. Don't think there's anything like that. Debuff durations are generally reduced on resistant enemies, and abilities like Invitation, Death Sentence, the instant kill from Power Word, Kill don't work. Most superbosses are also impervious to being stunned, blinded or silenced. Magic Immunity, naturally, makes you immune to any and all forms of magic damage or debuffs.
4. Just made them more general. It feels strange to give mathematical formulas in a tooltip. The general idea was to put the actual formulas on the wiki instead.
5. You're welcome!
Thank you, that was a massive clarification for me, and now I'm a little better equipped(in terms of knowledge) for eden, but yeah i coulda rephrased #3 to partial resistance or whatever, but damn it I actually forgot another question I had
6.What Job has the "Jump" ability Zodiac spear supposedly enhances

bobjoe123

Back to top Go down

Post  Karifean Mon Aug 10, 2015 9:30 pm

Lancer's ultimate is Jump.
Karifean
Karifean

Back to top Go down

Post  bobjoe123 Tue Aug 11, 2015 9:22 pm

A couple more so I don't end up wasting my time,
Do you get T2 genji armor by fighting Gilgamesh 2 at a certain difficulty level, or does only the mercenary get it?
How much stats exactly are given to freelancer from each mastery and ultimate mastery?
Does oil barrel miss chance work on bosses, because it gives a miss chance but is a different status effect than blind, also Entangling roots don't count as stun, right?
Sorry for the bother, and thank you

bobjoe123

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrenden Wed Aug 12, 2015 12:21 am

Cursed Genji is from "The Lone Mercenary" fight in the Arena. I believe is in the Ningen cup after resolving the... Well I forget the name... The quest involving the momento ring. Oil Barrel works in everyone and lasts the full stated duration. None of the resist types will end it early.

Andrenden

Back to top Go down

Post  bobjoe123 Wed Aug 12, 2015 12:34 am

Andrenden wrote:Cursed Genji is from "The Lone Mercenary" fight in the Arena. I believe is in the Ningen cup after resolving the... Well I forget the name... The quest involving the momento ring. Oil Barrel works in everyone and lasts the full stated duration. None of the resist types will end it early.
Ah thanks alot you definitely saved me some hassle, So wait is the cursed Genji actually cursed? because the T2 Genji I saw on the purchasable mercenary "Shadow" was not described as cursed or whatever, also I am assuming that this equipment is obtainable on normal difficulty right?

bobjoe123

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrenden Wed Aug 12, 2015 1:56 am

They've changed the cursed. Now all cursed items are "Item Name (Letter)" for example. "Heady Pipe" cursed becomes "Heady Pipe H" but yes. Shadow at 99 wears the Cursed Genji. Everything is obtainable on normal difficulty except for the strongest bow. You won't have anything restricted to you so no worries.

Andrenden

Back to top Go down

Post  bobjoe123 Wed Aug 12, 2015 6:26 am

Andrenden wrote:They've changed the cursed. Now all cursed items are "Item Name (Letter)" for example. "Heady Pipe" cursed becomes "Heady Pipe H" but yes. Shadow at 99 wears the Cursed Genji. Everything is obtainable on normal difficulty except for the strongest bow. You won't have anything restricted to you so no worries.
Alright thanks a ton

bobjoe123

Back to top Go down

Post  bobjoe123 Thu Aug 13, 2015 10:19 am

Andrenden wrote:Cursed Genji is from "The Lone Mercenary" fight in the Arena. I believe is in the Ningen cup after resolving the... Well I forget the name... The quest involving the momento ring. Oil Barrel works in everyone and lasts the full stated duration. None of the resist types will end it early.
Sheeeit, do you have to do literally every single side quest for the momento ring quest to come up? Because I did every single quest except for the absolutely most difficult ones i.e The northern God, The strongest Eidlon, and Shinra's Plan (I know it's not that difficult But i was in no mood to be making Aire tam enib moc in a single player run through)

bobjoe123

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrenden Thu Aug 13, 2015 12:11 pm

99% certain all you have to do is up to and including the main quest story "Night Elves" then just Hire Shadow once. It should appear.

Andrenden

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrenden Thu Aug 13, 2015 12:15 pm

You may need a 20+ side quests completed as well. I've never actually rushed just the story for the quest like that. I usually just do them all as I get around to it.

Andrenden

Back to top Go down

Post  bobjoe123 Thu Aug 13, 2015 5:27 pm

Andrenden wrote:You may need a 20+ side quests completed as well. I've never actually rushed just the story for the quest like that. I usually just do them all as I get around to it.
Well that's usually how I play but I was really curious to see what the fight was like if not get the equipment , fuuuuuuuuuuuck I wasted soo much time, I did every main quest and at least 30+ sidequests I had 48/52 quests done, but for some reason the LAN save stopped working even though I was playing solo LAN, and it was 3:00 AM so I had to call it a night and just did the "-save", I mean at least I managed to GM a class during the play thru, damn it this is why I always troll the wiki for this kind of stuff, but this new version was too hot off the press for that, and there goes like 3 hours

bobjoe123

Back to top Go down

Post  bobjoe123 Thu Aug 13, 2015 5:48 pm

Andrenden wrote:99% certain all you have to do is up to and including the main quest story "Night Elves" then just Hire Shadow once. It should appear.
Alright, at this point I am aware this is a rediculous nnumber of questions and am sorry, but so I don't screw up again, do you know by any chance if you can just hire Shadow in the beginning or do you have to hire him after you have the other prerequisites, also where can he be found if not Kalm? I saw him in the farm area and should have hired him then, but I regularly lose track of him

bobjoe123

Back to top Go down

Post  bobjoe123 Thu Aug 13, 2015 7:07 pm

bobjoe123 wrote:
Andrenden wrote:99% certain all you have to do is up to and including the main quest story "Night Elves" then just Hire Shadow once. It should appear.
Alright, at this point I am aware this is a rediculous nnumber of questions and am sorry, but so I don't screw up again, do you know by any chance if you can just hire Shadow in the beginning or do you have to hire him after you have the other prerequisites, also where can he be found if not Kalm? I saw him in the farm area and should have hired him then, but I regularly lose track of him
Alright, I got the dang old Quest, Luckily you have to do Zero sidequests, Just Night elves, and maybe Naisha, now I just have to figure out to whom it belongs

bobjoe123

Back to top Go down

Post  bobjoe123 Thu Aug 13, 2015 7:08 pm

bobjoe123 wrote:
bobjoe123 wrote:
Alright, I got the dang old Quest, Luckily you have to do Zero sidequests, Just Night elves, and maybe Naisha, now I just have to figure out to whom it belongs
Alright thanks a ton for your help it would have taken me forever to figure out, if I get the time I might update the wiki with this quest

bobjoe123

Back to top Go down

Post  psxlover Thu Aug 13, 2015 10:09 pm

bobjoe123 wrote:but for some reason the LAN save stopped working even though I was playing solo LAN
From my experience you can only save once in multiplayer games (number of players makes no difference at all).
psxlover
psxlover

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrenden Fri Aug 14, 2015 12:29 am

Glad I could help. The ring quest takes a bit of familiarity with the Final Fantasy it hails from so Goodluck with that. As for Saving in LAN I've never tried it but when I play solo I always just create an offline custom game. Saves have never failed me there.

Andrenden

Back to top Go down

Post  george daniel Mon Aug 17, 2015 3:40 pm

How can I challenge other cups?
The cup organizer only shows 7 cups

george daniel

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrenden Mon Aug 17, 2015 3:58 pm

It would depend on the cup your missing. If it's the unique cup check to make sure that you've killed the 3 unique monsters on the map. Tonberry in Dark Dragon Marsh, Malboro in Ancient Forest and Cactuar in the Barrens. Then after beating the island cup a certain number of times it should unlock. For the final Cup, Dimension Cup, you need to beat all the other cups at least once. And since you're missing a cup you can't unlock this one yet.

Andrenden

Back to top Go down

Post  george daniel Mon Aug 17, 2015 4:29 pm

I've already unlocked all cups

george daniel

Back to top Go down

Post  Karifean Mon Aug 17, 2015 11:30 pm

What exactly do you mean? Did the buttons just disappear or something?
Karifean
Karifean

Back to top Go down

Post  george daniel Tue Aug 18, 2015 12:37 pm

The cup organizer shows cups to challenge correct?
But it can only show 7 cups.

george daniel

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrenden Tue Aug 18, 2015 12:54 pm

Which cups are you missing? Are you absolutely sure you've unlocked them all?

Andrenden

Back to top Go down

Post  george daniel Thu Sep 03, 2015 4:26 pm

where and how do you use trema's key?
I had it once but it says it's a quest item so it wasn't saved.

george daniel

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next