Final Fantasy Epic RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

another quick arena suggestion

2 posters

Go down

another quick arena suggestion Empty another quick arena suggestion

Post  bobjoe123 Sat Aug 15, 2015 6:56 am

Oh also, while I'm at it so I don't make a new thread, I love the Idea of General Leo selling Gladiator stuff, and was thinking it would be a nice idea, that when you beat all cups to have a Gladiators armor be available, having stats of something along the lines of 60 armor 50 agi and strength, 20 hp regen, and maybe a cool active or devotion aura or something, Though i am aware again that this is wishful thinking, I feel like it would be a good way to bolster armor variety and make the Arena all the more satisfying.

bobjoe123

Back to top Go down

another quick arena suggestion Empty Re: another quick arena suggestion

Post  bobjoe123 Sat Aug 15, 2015 6:56 am

Okay goddamit it started a new thread, I thought it would be responding to the old one, oops

bobjoe123

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrenden Sat Aug 15, 2015 9:13 am

I do sort of agree. That Gladiator Blade that unlocks is a pretty decent weapon but besides that and the belt there's no associated directly with the arena. Even unlocking all the arena teams just provides a premium arena ticket and beating each of those teams *to unlock them you just need to encounter them, win/lose/retreat doesn't matter* provides nothing aside from personal bragging rights. Which isn't bad, but there's a lot of work into making that arena, combined with the work to go through it for largely no reward. The real issue would be gear variety. You don't want to retract from the Genji Gear set for agi users, there's strength gear literally everywhere and intellect gear, while scarce for Head and Chest *and nonexistent for shield* is already level cap gear so anything added would likely be lower than those peices meaning they need some sort of "on use" effect or a modifier much like the Gladiator Blade boosting the chance to deal the "Elemental Attack" finisher on the Holy Knight skill "Finisher" or the spell alteration of the Cursed Fire/Thunder/Ice Wands or even the Staff of the Magi.

Andrenden

Back to top Go down

Post  bobjoe123 Wed Aug 19, 2015 10:32 pm

Andrenden wrote:I do sort of agree. That Gladiator Blade that unlocks is a pretty decent weapon but besides that and the belt there's no associated directly with the arena. Even unlocking all the arena teams just provides a premium arena ticket and beating each of those teams *to unlock them you just need to encounter them, win/lose/retreat doesn't matter* provides nothing aside from personal bragging rights. Which isn't bad, but there's a lot of work into making that arena, combined with the work to go through it for largely no reward. The real issue would be gear variety. You don't want to retract from the Genji Gear set for agi users, there's strength gear literally everywhere and intellect gear, while scarce for Head and Chest *and nonexistent for shield* is already level cap gear so anything added would likely be lower than those peices meaning they need some sort of "on use" effect or a modifier much like the Gladiator Blade boosting the chance to deal the "Elemental Attack" finisher on the Holy Knight skill "Finisher" or the spell alteration of the Cursed Fire/Thunder/Ice Wands or even the Staff of the Magi.
huh, I didn't even know a "Staff of the Magi" is around, that's awesome, but I feel that having non-Genji agi gear would actually be good because it adds more choice so that it's not just genji, plus the Genji chest armor is specifically the least agi committed giving 20 to all stats instead, and even with Cursed Genji (Which I love except for the mask), I feel like Spartan Breastplate or some shit would be nice for an agi hero that may not want genji armor, or a STR hero who doesn't want adamantine, and i forgot the other good str armor, anyway that was my point, and yeah maybe a different sort of reward for premium clearing the arena would also be cool, ooh maybe a one-time permanent +10 to all stats.

bobjoe123

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrenden Thu Aug 20, 2015 8:19 am

Maximillian from Penance would be your endgame strength DPS armor most likely. The Adamantite is if you were going to be taking the hits for a group otherwise you're better with Maximillion which also offers a 50% magic damage reduction so you can use Zodiac Eschalon as a shield rather than another with magic reduction like a Genji Shield has, or swapping out the intellect Tiara that offers the magic reduction so you can have a different helmet there too.

Andrenden

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down