Final Fantasy Epic RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Skill Requirements and other stuff

2 posters

Go down

Skill Requirements and other stuff Empty Skill Requirements and other stuff

Post  chuDr3t4 Sun Nov 08, 2015 5:19 am

Gave new version a go after long hiatus(last time I played Bazaar was not implemented) and me playing since one of last of ILYAS' versions(0.7.0 I think?) gotta say: game feels like 1.0 if not even more.
Bazaar, skill scaling, revamped quests...
Thumbs Up guys. Huge appreciation for work done.

The main topic of this thread is about Skill Points.
The way I play classes is this: I pick 2 skills and max them out(just because I feel that's the most efficient way) and occasionally skill ult.
And the way Skill Requirements work I am constantly in need of holding 1 or 2 skill points ALL THE TIME.
Surely lowering skill requirements from every 3(1, 4, 7, ...; current way) to every 2(1, 3, 5, ...) won't break the game? Even if MASTER skill level would be attainable on 21 instead of 31?

Minor topics:
Corrupted forest is still the best place to level IMO because Drake Marsh and Snowy MTNs just are not worth it. Too difficult for not enough XP/time. I was playing Solo in Hard with trash equip and Forest is still super comfy. I don't quiet understand what was about super 50 lvl Turtle on Islands or "unkillable" Nether Drakes on Marsh, noped out of there pretty fast.
Can _more_ be done for finding people? My suggestion is to have a subforum here visible right from the mainpage for finding people and purging threads with last reply older than 1 month or just 1 month old threads.

Love the map, would love to play full-house.
chuDr3t4
chuDr3t4

Back to top Go down

Skill Requirements and other stuff Empty Re: Skill Requirements and other stuff

Post  Karifean Sun Nov 08, 2015 11:41 pm

Surely lowering skill requirements from every 3(1, 4, 7, ...; current way) to every 2(1, 3, 5, ...) won't break the game? Even if MASTER skill level would be attainable on 21 instead of 31?

Hmm, I'm rather inclined to leave it as is. For one it encourages players to try more than two skills (you don't HAVE to hold skill points ^^) and lowering the skill requirements would really make your power spike like crazy at around Level 20 (which really is way faster to reach than Level 30 is). The Master Level frequently involves a big increase in power after all. Ice [Wizard - 2] jumps from 500 at Level 10 to 1000 damage at Master for instance.

Corrupted forest is still the best place to level IMO because Drake Marsh and Snowy MTNs just are not worth it. Too difficult for not enough XP/time. I was playing Solo in Hard with trash equip and Forest is still super comfy. I don't quiet understand what was about super 50 lvl Turtle on Islands or "unkillable" Nether Drakes on Marsh, noped out of there pretty fast.

The Dark Dragon Marsh is indeed a bit difficult to handle, but the Snowy Mountains Region just gives so damn much EXP that it really puts the other options in its shadow. Especially if you use gear like the Zodiac Helmet which really helps your long term sustain you won't have much trouble staying alive. As for the Central Islands, there are plenty of jobs that have no trouble killing the Adamants, and that can give a lot of EXP really early on. It just gets outclassed eventually.

Can _more_ be done for finding people? My suggestion is to have a subforum here visible right from the mainpage for finding people and purging threads with last reply older than 1 month or just 1 month old threads.

I honestly don't know if we have the activity to sustain it or if it would just quietly die off soon... for individual cases General can be used for such a purpose.
Karifean
Karifean

Back to top Go down

Post  chuDr3t4 Sat Nov 14, 2015 5:57 am

Ok those counter-arguements are pretty fair.
chuDr3t4
chuDr3t4

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down