Final Fantasy Epic RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Skills like Shield of Faith

2 posters

Go down

Skills like Shield of Faith Empty Skills like Shield of Faith

Post  Andrenden Sun Aug 11, 2013 2:30 am

All the skills that reduce incoming damage by a hard number *70 seems to be the highest I've seen* Such as Stone Skin, Shirahadori and Shield of faith are largely.... Useless? Ok maybe not useless, but if you're getting hit for 2000+ damage is that extra 70 you block going to save you? Most likely no... I suggest changing these in some way/shape/form. I'll start with Shirahadori for Samurai, this skill in Tactics outright negates attacks so why not make it something that has the chance to do the same... Dodge! Now this is where I alter a bit more then just that possibly... You can either make it just the normal evasion OR make it like drunken brawler for crit and dodge. The first option is obviously just evasion, the other however can include a bit of crit chance to also replace their crit skill incase theres another skill in mind maybe a skill that's only used *or more powerful?* if Masamune was equipped? but either way this is about changing Shirahadori from negate X damage to chance to avoid it all, He's already pretty balanced skillwise without adding another active ability. If you did change to drunken brawler for evasion/crit you could see about adding Bonecrusher into the open slot, Bonecrusher in Tactics is Maximum health dealt as damage when critically wounded, Here you can make it so when your health is below 20% *what I consider to be critically wounded health* every hit will start critting for 5 times normal damage *currently the skill that this would chance is maybe 25% chance to crit for 5 times damage* But again currently Samurai is sitting in a good place I just feel the negate X dmg per hit skills are a bit... underwhelming

For Shield of Faith I feel negating damage like it currently does is the wrong way to go. When I think Faith I'm thinking magical type of shield, Something that might block some spell damage OR *and I like this idea* you give it a "Resistant Skin" like quality that you can see on Chocobo's saying it reduces the time harmful spells effect the target. This would be AMAZING If you could have it reduce the duration of blind/stop/slow/Ect. Currently you can put Silver Goggles on and Ring of the Wise to negate Blind/Stop outright but honestly, if you could keep stat items on and take a hit from blind/slow/stop *maybe the ability reduces the duration by 10% for every rank with a maximum of 50% at rank 5?* but not have it be as brutally painful as it is now to have to sit through it when casts are staggered to the point you can break one but not the other with spirit of gaya.

As for stone skin... I have no clue. Honestly this is the only ability I can't really think of a change for... it could be outright armor but that seems silly, you could probably do % reduction *but its really the same as just adding the amount of armor anyway...* Maybe just give Stoneskin the strongest version of the negate damage that's currently on? I think its 70 on Shield of Faith but I don't have the exact numbers...

Really I just want Shield of Faith to be awesome with that resistant skin quality I mentioned, I think that would be pretty solid! lol

Last edited by Andrenden on Sun Aug 11, 2013 2:46 am; edited 1 time in total

Andrenden

Back to top Go down

Skills like Shield of Faith Empty Re: Skills like Shield of Faith

Post  Karifean Sun Aug 11, 2013 2:39 am

They're not really useless. Their use is just limited to when you fight regular enemies, not bosses. Believe me, taking 1 damage from every attack isn't a bad thing to have^^ But I will consider it. I'm also just playing through Final Fantasy V and Shirahadori is also an evasion ability, so making it that here is probably best.

Unfortunately, reducing the duration of negative buffs with Shield of Faith is not possible. The reason for that is because in WarCraft III, every status has two separate durations: one for normal units and one for heroes. All the Resistant Skin does is use the one for heroes instead of the one for normal units - but since Holy Swordsman is already a hero it wouldn't have any effect.
Karifean
Karifean

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrenden Sun Aug 11, 2013 3:03 am

Didn't refresh the page before I came back with a edit lol, guess that means Holy Swordsman can't have nice things. And yeah I suppose the usefulness is good early in your characters career but when you're maxed like me things are less useful *even when its really not the case which I can see if I was fresh and just rushed to Holy Swordsman/Geomancer/Samurai* At the point i'm at with 80k life just sitting around if normal things hit me I laugh at them anyway lol I did recently try to playthrough the map with nothing but a Holy Swordsman using Silver Goggles, Ring of the Wise, the Zodiac shield and Excalibur II... it was painfully hard Sad I also used Lordly Robes as I 1)Lacked proper melee armor as I recently had to swap my Genji Armor to Combine Materia's and 2) I was actually finding myself running out of Mana at times with all the Curaga I had to do along with rotating the skills *Which on that note theres an awful delay between using Holy Swordsmans skills and him resuming auto attacks... Just a heads up*

Andrenden

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down