Final Fantasy Epic RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Trick to solo Ultima

+2
Zergling_man
podsayang
6 posters

Go down

Trick to solo Ultima Empty Trick to solo Ultima

Post  podsayang Thu Sep 22, 2011 3:18 am

just wanna share it (i guess most of ppl knew this)

- prepare your sorcerer with dragon wand and 1-2 stack of phoenix down

- wait til sun rise or use turtle to pull him near the door

- go front of door w/o destroy the door

- start spam all your skill xP

- keep summon neo for lure the ultima skill

easy way??

podsayang

Back to top Go down

Trick to solo Ultima Empty Re: Trick to solo Ultima

Post  Zergling_man Thu Sep 22, 2011 3:49 am

I know about using the locked door as a trick to get him easily, but I haven't really considered which classes or player-counts for each case. Thanks for the extra info. ^_^

Others: Perhaps the Archer who has the +dmg ability and a summon (which you might be able to spawn over the wall)?
Zergling_man
Zergling_man

Back to top Go down

Post  podsayang Thu Sep 22, 2011 2:12 pm

Zergling_man wrote:I know about using the locked door as a trick to get him easily, but I haven't really considered which classes or player-counts for each case. Thanks for the extra info. ^_^

Others: Perhaps the Archer who has the +dmg ability and a summon (which you might be able to spawn over the wall)?

ye can use also but if you use sorcerer you can solo with feel ultimate master job coz the ultima skill dmg is fix but if you use archer you hav to had 10+ ultimate master job coz ya dmg you will high enough to q him

btw if you go there during a day you can lure him w/o summon

podsayang

Back to top Go down

Post  Zergling_man Thu Sep 22, 2011 2:31 pm

True. But being able to keep it up whenever is nice. As is catching him if he stupidly decides to run right to the back of his pen, which can happen with the right aggro pattern.
Zergling_man
Zergling_man

Back to top Go down

Post  Flameseeker Thu Sep 22, 2011 7:01 pm

Just a warning. with sorceror you can cast ultima beyond the reach of the "exp gaining radius" and actually end up loosing a lot of time for nothing.
Another fact is that killing it that way is the slowest way to level you characters. There's faster ways to gain experience (this includes my way of getting everyone ultimate master in 2-3 playthroughs).

Edit:
why the hell do you need phoenix down. the poor guy can't even cast a spell on you....

Flameseeker

Back to top Go down

Post  podsayang Thu Sep 22, 2011 7:06 pm

Flameseeker wrote:Just a warning. with sorceror you can cast ultima beyond the reach of the "exp gaining radius" and actually end up loosing a lot of time for nothing.
Another fact is that killing it that way is the slowest way to level you characters. There's faster ways to gain experience (this includes my way of getting everyone ultimate master in 2-3 playthroughs).

Edit:
why the hell do you need phoenix down. the poor guy can't even cast a spell on you....

no one stupid q ultima w/o got nothing im sure about that

and if you can cast spell on ultima y he cant??

he cast time stop ultima -armor slow on you for sure so that is the reason i prefer Phoenix down

btw it "SOLO" guide ^^"

podsayang

Back to top Go down

Post  Flameseeker Thu Sep 22, 2011 8:29 pm

It's way faster with a monk even if you have to go back lots of times. (Not at the beginning though)
Ultima can't reach with his ultima spell if you're far enough (i use a little rock as a measure, near the maximum range of you ultima spell). And that's why you move in for the killing spell, so you don't forget to get the exp. This way you'll NEVER need a single phoenix down because Ultima will NEVER hit/cast anything on you.

I used this trick a few times to get my friends a boost. I use the cast radius of sorceror's ultima being so great that you can't actually gain exp, giving them the full exp from Ultima kill.
I did this a lot to boost my friends chars, not only with Ultima but also with echele and a few other bosses before i found faster way's to level them.

Try it and see, and BTW i hope this exploit gets fixed the next version. Make Ultima invulnerable or stuck while the gates are closed, and only be unleashed in the world after a cool cutscene.

Flameseeker

Back to top Go down

Post  Zergling_man Fri Sep 23, 2011 6:55 am

Wait, does Ultimate Weapon have a lower cast range for Ultima than the Sorceror? That seems to be what you're saying..
Hmm... I don't remember the spell being quite *that* far. (When I think of long-range in FFERPG, I instantly think Time Mage. Damn the range buff on his teleport is awesome.)

Also, I agree with making him invulnerable. Also, is it possible to make the gate invulnerable, then have it become destructible later on, so the players have to open it that way still? (Instead of the strange mega-visual-glitching thing we have now.)
Zergling_man
Zergling_man

Back to top Go down

Post  Flameseeker Fri Sep 23, 2011 1:13 pm

Believe me, you can kill Ultima with sorceror without ever getting hit and be far enough to never get the exp.
Something along the line as Ultima is invulnerable as long as the gate stands still would be enough to fix this exploit.

I don't know if their cast range is different but it could be a bug because he keeps walking along the gate trying to get to you without ever being able to and never stopping.

Flameseeker

Back to top Go down

Post  Zergling_man Fri Sep 23, 2011 2:08 pm

Interesting... I wonder why he does that. I'll put that on my list of things to look at. Unless a dev comes in and gives an official answer on this situation before I get around to checking stuff.

Also, my comment about the gate wasn't exactly related, it's just musing about WCIII's gates and the current setup.
Zergling_man
Zergling_man

Back to top Go down

Post  psxlover Fri Sep 23, 2011 4:11 pm

Propably those breakable doors shouldn't be there, and ultima should be hidden till the gate opens.
psxlover
psxlover

Back to top Go down

Post  Zergling_man Fri Sep 23, 2011 4:15 pm

That works. But what exactly do you mean by 'hidden'?
Zergling_man
Zergling_man

Back to top Go down

Post  psxlover Fri Sep 23, 2011 4:43 pm

Right now every boss is hidden on the map when the map starts (which in my opinion is bad since it has to load all of them when the map is loading and then hide and make invulnerable each one of them when the game starts).
psxlover
psxlover

Back to top Go down

Post  Zergling_man Sat Sep 24, 2011 2:15 am

Ok... That doesn't actually tell me what being hidden is. Is it a boolean on a unit that prevents it interacting with the world?
(It does seem silly to spawn every boss immediately to then go and turn them indestructible straight after - and then have all the non-story bosses become killable straight after that. Or were you ignoring those?)
Zergling_man
Zergling_man

Back to top Go down

Post  Karifean Sat Sep 24, 2011 1:25 pm

a hidden unit is simply permanently invisible for EVERY player and cannot be seen in any way.
Karifean
Karifean

Back to top Go down

Post  Zergling_man Sat Sep 24, 2011 2:53 pm

Right. So hidden is, for all 12 (13?) players' perspectives, unspawned. But from the map's perspective it is there.
Zergling_man
Zergling_man

Back to top Go down

Post  Darkmega Sat Sep 24, 2011 3:01 pm

put it this way. hidden is basically they don't exist except for in the void where nobody knows where is. until you use the unhide trigger command they don't exist except for in the void which remembers where they last were until they're unhidden. basically they poof as if they've been stuck on a ship or transport and only unpoof as if they're getting off the transport when unhide command is used. it's just so that things that aren't meant to be interacted with are made sure to not be interacted with. EG: probably bosses like omega and Eden and stuff.
Darkmega
Darkmega

Back to top Go down

Post  Zergling_man Sat Sep 24, 2011 3:09 pm

Wait, so WCIII doesn't actually load units into transports? Huh... I guess it makes sense.

Hmm... Knowing this, I ask: The guys in the top-left, hide them and then we could use that area? I remember Pffe saying he could free up that space, is that his plan?
Zergling_man
Zergling_man

Back to top Go down

Post  psxlover Sat Sep 24, 2011 3:18 pm

Zergling_man wrote:Right. So hidden is, for all 12 (13?) players' perspectives, unspawned. But from the map's perspective it is there.

Not exactly. They are spawned, they are there you just can't see them. That was the bug with eden losing healt. He was hidden but not invulnerable, plus his recovery was set to a negative number so his hp slowly depleted.
psxlover
psxlover

Back to top Go down

Post  Zergling_man Sat Sep 24, 2011 3:38 pm

Ah, so that's what caused it. The first time I had it pop up, I was completely stumped. I didn't even know who Eden was at that point. This was quite a while ago now. Anyway.

So, how I understand it, my description is correct, for what we can observe. You can modify the unit in the triggers, and do stuff like that, but it won't collide, it can't engage in combat, target, be targetted, etc. so that as a player, you think it isn't even there at all. It isn't any different to if it weren't spawned.
Whether this is the technicality or not is largely irrelevant, unless there's a huge fundamental difference.
Zergling_man
Zergling_man

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down