Final Fantasy Epic RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SC2 (10 char min for title lol)

4 posters

Go down

SC2 (10 char min for title lol) Empty SC2 (10 char min for title lol)

Post  Titan[advo] Sat Mar 31, 2012 2:55 am

Drop wc3 and remake for SC2 imo! :].. ? (<-- question mark to make it appropriate)

Perty sure theres no saving/loading (can store with account) plus all around bettar!

Titan[advo]

Back to top Go down

SC2 (10 char min for title lol) Empty Re: SC2 (10 char min for title lol)

Post  Zergling_man Sat Mar 31, 2012 4:21 am

There are good reasons for moving to SC2, but there's also a number of really good reasons for not doing. Things like having to remake it all, and learning the new language. Frankly, I think they should wait until 1.0, if it ever happens, and then move over. (Though I don't know how well SC2 does the old-style feel that FFERPG basically requires... Same map on a space station would just be weird.)
Zergling_man
Zergling_man

Back to top Go down

Post  Titan[advo] Sat Mar 31, 2012 5:34 am

Not everything is spacestation-esque. If you want the map to stay relevant, then its the way to go, otherwise you'll just die with the game that's pretty much already dead. The largest issue is models, but Im sure theres plenty of substitutes or additional ones that can be imported.

Titan[advo]

Back to top Go down

Post  Zergling_man Sat Mar 31, 2012 8:33 am

Titan[advo] wrote:Not everything is spacestation-esque.
Hence why I said "I don't know if it does" rather than "it doesn't".

Titan[advo] wrote:If you want the map to stay relevant, then its the way to go, otherwise you'll just die with the game that's pretty much already dead. The largest issue is models, but Im sure theres plenty of substitutes or additional ones that can be imported.
"stay relevant". That's pretty hard as-is...
But I agree with the models; making them all is for not the first remake. I could probably survive with it looking weird until someone gets around to fixing it though.
Zergling_man
Zergling_man

Back to top Go down

Post  Karifean Sat Mar 31, 2012 12:33 pm

I took a look at the SC2 Galaxy Editor and I did not understand a thing. I don't know if it's just me or if the editor is actually really overcomplicated, but try opening up the Data Editor and understand what you see. Compared to this the WC3 Editor is pretty straightforward.
Maybe Blizzard will allow converting WC3 maps to SC2 maps someday or even better: WC4 maps! But for now, unless I actually manage to get the gist of that chaotic editor and if no one else offers to do it, there probably won't be an SC2 remake.
Karifean
Karifean

Back to top Go down

Post  Zergling_man Sat Mar 31, 2012 12:50 pm

I'm betting it's over-complicated. The sheer flexibility of the engine they provided probably doesn't mix well with their interface. If they allow full-on code-writing, it might be easier. But then there is the language itself to learn...
Zergling_man
Zergling_man

Back to top Go down

Post  Titan[advo] Sat Mar 31, 2012 9:13 pm

The one time I opened the editor when the game first came out, I was just like "wtf" and haven't opened it since. Tis a shame. Just opened it again, and its actually very intuitive. Messed around and create a dialog box... with a picture and a button.. and the button closes the dialogue!!!! then create a region that opens the dialogue again. It's all relatively the same as the wc3 editor with much better versatility.

Titan[advo]

Back to top Go down

Post  Zergling_man Sun Apr 01, 2012 6:03 am

Hmm... So if I get SC2, we could become the conversion team? (Reckon you could write a reasonably simple tutorial for a JASS pro or a JASS newbie?)
Zergling_man
Zergling_man

Back to top Go down

Post  Titan[advo] Mon Apr 02, 2012 7:38 am

lol I have not the time, sir

Titan[advo]

Back to top Go down

Post  mithlug Sun May 06, 2012 3:41 pm

One very nice thing that would be lost if we went to SC2 is the LAN feature. Which I for one really like. And the fact that you don't have to have all sorts of accounts and such.

mithlug

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum