Final Fantasy Epic RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cannot find any Elixirs

5 posters

Go down

Cannot find any Elixirs Empty Cannot find any Elixirs

Post  mafab Fri Apr 13, 2012 4:52 pm

I once again started playing on the map, have finished 42/44 quests (excluding Eden and this one), but am facing a problem now. I forgot where you can find an elixir :S Therefore I am unable to solo Eden and finish the other quest. Could anyone remind me of where I can find one?

mafab

Back to top Go down

Cannot find any Elixirs Empty Re: Cannot find any Elixirs

Post  Zergling_man Fri Apr 13, 2012 5:00 pm

Hate to say it, but it's a random drop... Go looking through loot piles. If you didn't save one in your spirit anyways.
Zergling_man
Zergling_man

Back to top Go down

Post  mafab Fri Apr 13, 2012 5:12 pm

Oh god, I cannot express how much I hate random drops.
Oh and on the beating Eden thing I said, it's just an idea I have that might work. With the item set I'm using: Grand Helmet, Genji Armor, Ultimate weapon, Griever, the Absorber and Phoenix downs, I can tank Eden for about 1 minute as a monk. So my strategy is to beat Eden with the Elixirs, so I have the Avatar for the maximal amount of time. Afterwards I plan to teleport back with my Spirit to switch to wizard and to the Dragon Wand to keep spamming Ultima and the spirits first spell. (I'm also planning to lure Eden close to town for the Tauren's Aura to work.)

mafab

Back to top Go down

Post  Zergling_man Fri Apr 13, 2012 5:28 pm

Hmm... Just be careful luring him to town. If you get too close, he vanishes to whoop-whoop.
Zergling_man
Zergling_man

Back to top Go down

Post  prime_genx Sat Apr 14, 2012 4:56 am

mafab wrote:Oh god, I cannot express how much I hate random drops.
Oh and on the beating Eden thing I said, it's just an idea I have that might work. With the item set I'm using: Grand Helmet, Genji Armor, Ultimate weapon, Griever, the Absorber and Phoenix downs, I can tank Eden for about 1 minute as a monk. So my strategy is to beat Eden with the Elixirs, so I have the Avatar for the maximal amount of time. Afterwards I plan to teleport back with my Spirit to switch to wizard and to the Dragon Wand to keep spamming Ultima and the spirits first spell. (I'm also planning to lure Eden close to town for the Tauren's Aura to work.)

I dont think elixirs will do good enough with his superb dps... It will kill you before the cd is done for replenishing... and besides... even at very easy difficulty... eden is impossible to solo with full hp... that is unless you abuse the bug and wait a hell of a time to finish him when his hp drop to 1/4 of his total hp. i suggest you drag some friends to deal with him... and lots of phoenix downs i prefer.
prime_genx
prime_genx

Back to top Go down

Post  mafab Sat Apr 14, 2012 10:17 pm

Problem is, that I don't have any friends who play this anymore. Sad
And besides, how long do you have to wait?

mafab

Back to top Go down

Post  prime_genx Sun Apr 15, 2012 7:17 am

took me 8 long hours for his hp to drop at 1/4 of his hp at full... consuming a total of 14 phoenix downs and 2 elixirs... its a long shot... but the result? are worth while... try 7 hours so that you wont end up screwed... when I defeated him at 8 hours... he was at the brink of destruction by the bug... so if you came late... your going to solve em all quests again... and if you are too early... then prepare another 7 hours of frustrations
prime_genx
prime_genx

Back to top Go down

Post  Zergling_man Sun Apr 15, 2012 7:51 am

I thought I caught him dying before 8 hours. :S Maybe when I play, I run for a LOT longer than I realise.
Zergling_man
Zergling_man

Back to top Go down

Post  mafab Sun Apr 15, 2012 12:12 pm

The thing I hate the most about the fighting Eden is that I used the wrong name in my solo player. (I'm called Max in the save of FFERPG, so I have no chance of doing it together with other people because the name is taken on every server, unless I level my battle.net account up and farm all the good items.) I'm not sure if it is possible to play any LAN games via Hamachi. Can anyone enlighten me there?

mafab

Back to top Go down

Post  Zergling_man Sun Apr 15, 2012 12:20 pm

Hamachi WCIII is not impossible. We used to have issues with it, which we resolved (mostly) through use of a program called LANCraft. However... I still wouldn't recommend it. B.net and Garena are both preferred choices. On Garena, it's possible, by a little exploit, to use any name you wish. It's basically to do with injecting w3hook.dll manually, rather than launching WCIII through Garena. Google probably has much better information.
Ultimately, however, I reckon it's better to try and get in a consistent group and just power-level together.
Zergling_man
Zergling_man

Back to top Go down

Post  prime_genx Mon Apr 16, 2012 3:23 am

Ultimately, however, I reckon it's better to try and get in a consistent group and just power-level together.[/quote]

i agree... btw... whats with that "-name" command for?
prime_genx
prime_genx

Back to top Go down

Post  Zergling_man Mon Apr 16, 2012 5:14 am

-name... I think you could spoof save codes with it. But I'm not sure if that was actually in an official version or not. I just used it for screwing around anyway.
Zergling_man
Zergling_man

Back to top Go down

Post  psxlover Mon Apr 16, 2012 10:23 pm

Zergling_man wrote:Hamachi WCIII is not impossible. We used to have issues with it, which we resolved (mostly) through use of a program called LANCraft.
I bet you are either using Win 7 or you didn't follow the instructions that say that you need to put hamachi network first in the list of networks. Either way you just need to fix some options.

But still Garena is easier to use.
psxlover
psxlover

Back to top Go down

Post  Zergling_man Tue Apr 17, 2012 4:06 pm

psxlover wrote:
Zergling_man wrote:used
I bet you are either using Win 7 or you didn't follow the instructions that say that you need to put hamachi network first in the list of networks. Either way you just need to fix some options.
Win7 didn't exist when we were using Hamachi. Even Vista... I think was out by then. But it was pretty new. And the issues were definitely not constrained to the single Vista machine in the loop.
Zergling_man
Zergling_man

Back to top Go down

Post  psxlover Wed Apr 18, 2012 12:48 am

On XP all you had to do was change the priority of the Hamachi Adapter, so that the broadcasts from warcraft would be send to the hamachi network.
psxlover
psxlover

Back to top Go down

Post  Zergling_man Wed Apr 18, 2012 11:51 am

psxlover wrote:On XP all you had to do was change the priority of the Hamachi Adapter, so that the broadcasts from warcraft would be send to the hamachi network.
So then the person online can join my game, but the person by my side couldn't. I have to wonder how hard it is to broadcast across all networks...
Zergling_man
Zergling_man

Back to top Go down

Post  psxlover Wed Apr 18, 2012 12:48 pm

Just have hamachi on both pc in your network.
psxlover
psxlover

Back to top Go down

Post  Zergling_man Wed Apr 18, 2012 5:08 pm

Oorrrr.... We could just agree that Hamachi used to be terrible, and that WCIII doesn't get along with Hamachi even nowadays? Then we can look to better solutions, such as picking up a key if you can. You only need legit Frozen Throne, though I recommend getting both for completion's sake.
Zergling_man
Zergling_man

Back to top Go down

Post  mafab Wed Apr 18, 2012 7:07 pm

-name... I think you could spoof save codes with it. But I'm not sure if that was actually in an official version or not. I just used it for screwing around anyway.
Could you enlighten me about this one?

mafab

Back to top Go down

Post  Karifean Wed Apr 18, 2012 11:20 pm

In previous versions you could use the "-name" command to change your name during a game. That had the unfortunate side-effect of creating codes for another player name if you use the -save command, which could either lead to massive copying or loss of progress.
Karifean
Karifean

Back to top Go down

Post  Zergling_man Thu Apr 19, 2012 11:25 am

Karifean wrote:In previous versions you could use the "-name" command to change your name during a game. That had the unfortunate side-effect of creating codes for another player name if you use the -save command, which could either lead to massive copying or loss of progress.
I'm a little surprised it could change the name that deeply. I'd have thought though it changed your name ingame, the save would still run off your real player-name. But hey, the fact that you can do that is cool. It just needs the right application.
Zergling_man
Zergling_man

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down