Final Fantasy Epic RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chocobo Digging

2 posters

Go down

Chocobo Digging Empty Chocobo Digging

Post  Mavs Sat Apr 06, 2013 1:09 am

Well, I've recently tried out the whole digging thing, but haven't got anywhere so I was hoping someone could answer a few questions for me Smile. I tried digging on random spots, points of interest, boss mobs spawn.. some of them multiple times but still never found anything. Soo...

1. I suposse the chocobo you're using should have some effect on how the digging goes; I've tried with Guardia Forest, Central Islands, and Snowy Mountains chocobos so far.. Could this be why I'm not getting any results?

2. Are there prerequisites to be able to dig things? (kill xxx creep, xxx creps kills, finish all the quests, etc.)

3. When the chocobo goes 'Wark!' there's an area around him... Is the whole area affected or just where he's standing?

4. Do you dig things up on first try, or does it take a while? And if so, how many peppers on average? (I've tried up to 10-15 peppers on several spots but still came up empty)

5. The only other reason I can think of for this is that I either need to breed them or use a different consumable on them for it to work. Could this be it?

Thanks!

P.S: I'd finished main quest, killed Ultima Weapon and done about 2/3rds the optional quests before trying anything
Mavs
Mavs

Back to top Go down

Chocobo Digging Empty Re: Chocobo Digging

Post  Karifean Sat Apr 06, 2013 1:06 pm

Mavs wrote:1. I suposse the chocobo you're using should have some effect on how the digging goes; I've tried with Guardia Forest, Central Islands, and Snowy Mountains chocobos so far.. Could this be why I'm not getting any results?
Actually, no. The chocobo you use has no influence on your success in the digging business, they all work the same. However, bred chocobos are affected in their own way if you take them out to dig.

2. Are there prerequisites to be able to dig things? (kill xxx creep, xxx creps kills, finish all the quests, etc.)
No, you can do it whenever you want.

3. When the chocobo goes 'Wark!' there's an area around him... Is the whole area affected or just where he's standing?
'Wark!' means there's a treasure nearby. The more excited the chocobo gets, the closer you are to the treasure.

4. Do you dig things up on first try, or does it take a while? And if so, how many peppers on average? (I've tried up to 10-15 peppers on several spots but still came up empty)
Good question... depends on your luck, really. A lot of treasures are spawned randomly across the map (with a few exceptions), so it could happen that you're simply in an area where there are only one or two treasures hidden. If that's the case, you're likely to use up ~20 peppers to find something and you might still end up empty-handed. In good regions, though, you can get something with 5-10 peppers. It also depends on your luck of course - you might end up getting a 'Wark!' but using up tons of peppers to still find the treasure.

Thanks!
You're welcome. Wink
Karifean
Karifean

Back to top Go down

Post  Mavs Sat Apr 06, 2013 4:31 pm

Thanks a lot Karifean! It was kind of frustrating just wandering aimlessly through the lands carrying ~200 peppers and not finding anything.

Your answers are very clear and I think I'll be able to milk it from now on Very Happy.

Mavs
Mavs

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down