Final Fantasy Epic RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chocobo breeding

2 posters

Go down

Chocobo breeding Empty Chocobo breeding

Post  mooneclipse1996 Wed Aug 05, 2015 6:54 pm

Hello, might be feeling stupid to ask this but, how do i obtain red, blue and white through breeding? I make them breed but the new one is always yellow but different skills, so far i get highest value of skill is Chocry
mooneclipse1996
mooneclipse1996

Back to top Go down

Chocobo breeding Empty Re: Chocobo breeding

Post  Andrenden Thu Aug 06, 2015 7:59 am

http://fferpg.wikia.com/wiki/Chocobo_Breeding

Best place to start is the wiki and after giving that a skim you should be a bit more familiar.

To breed a chocobo that starts as a specific color you'll generally have to breed and train up a yellow one. The higher the value of the starting chocobo and nut the greater the potential.
Generally you can't avoid raising your first bred chocobo through digging and anything higher is just for the sake of their skills.

Andrenden

Back to top Go down

Post  mooneclipse1996 Thu Aug 06, 2015 9:54 am

I did look through the wiki before posting this question, the only i confuse is the potential thing on table, i don't understand about the potential on the table.... the calculation as well.... you say train up a yellow one which means use digging?
mooneclipse1996
mooneclipse1996

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrenden Thu Aug 06, 2015 10:19 am

Correct. If you were to grab 2 chocobo from say, the Ancient Forest, both those Chocobo have a value of 3. Now say you were to use a Carob Nut for breeding.

Chocobo A's value is 3, Chocobo B's value is 3, the Carob Nuts value is 2. Add these numbers together.

3+3+2=8

This means your result should be a chocobo with the value of 8. If you compare it to the chart on the wiki you see that you'll get a chocobo with the skill Feather Aura. You also see that it has the potential to grow to red. This means if you take it around to dig up treasures using the digging system *by feeding them Dead Peppers* eventually your chocobo will become blue then red. This is as far as a level 8 chocobo can go.

Also by checking the chart we can see the minimum value a chocobo that can become white can be is 10. To obtain this we need the higher value chocobo you can obtain in the wild, Snowy Mountain Chocobo, of which have a value of 4. Since we need two of them we go back to our equation (ChocoboA)+(ChocoboB)+(NutValue)=(ChocoboC) and fill the first two chocobo values in. Now we need a nut, the minimum nut value we need is a 2 so we must use at least a Carob nut once again. A Carob nut as a value of 2 so we will put all these numbers back into our equation.

4+4+2=10

The resulting chocobo will be level 10 with "Choco-Armor" skill and the potential to become white after repeatedly digging.

There are more advanced chocobo you can breed that cause your result to start as a specific color but you can't obtain these without first breeding and training *through digging* a chocobo to one of its colored stages. The info for these are also in the wiki. Just remember the equation we used to figure out what chocobo we will create and use the two charts with both values of the chocobo and the nuts to fill it.

Andrenden

Back to top Go down

Post  mooneclipse1996 Thu Aug 06, 2015 10:47 am

So if i rush for white chocobo, i can just go grab 2 chocobo from snowy mountain with a carob nut which is value of 2 then new born chocobo one can start train already?
mooneclipse1996
mooneclipse1996

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrenden Thu Aug 06, 2015 11:18 am

That's correct. It will start yellow with the ability to train up to white.

Andrenden

Back to top Go down

Post  mooneclipse1996 Thu Aug 06, 2015 11:24 am

Alright thanks alot mate Very Happy I very appreciate for your help.
mooneclipse1996
mooneclipse1996

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down