Final Fantasy Epic RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mastery/Spellbook issue

2 posters

Go down

Mastery/Spellbook issue Empty Mastery/Spellbook issue

Post  Andrenden Wed Aug 14, 2013 12:21 am

I'm not going to sit here and pretend I know the whole issue about the mastery spellbook issue but I thought I'd ask if this could be possible. Can the mastery bonuses come in the form of a buff? Spirit of Gaya can offer those 3 buffs after the glyph is returned, the tower at the top right *i assume* pulses a game wide difficulty aura to effect enemy units so can our Farms do the same? A map wide Aura of mastery buff to be applied to the character that owns the building in question? You would need 20 versions of the buff yes but if you can get the mastery system to apply buffs that way *even if there was no mastery command and you had to log to each class during that game to award the buff one by one* ex. I start the game, I load my code and when it loads and I'm a lvl 99 squire or chemist it awards the mastery bonus rank 1 to my house pulsing a map wide bonus for only my characters, I swap to another class that's 99 and now the buff is Rank 2 on my house and awarding the stats map wide to my characters. This would go to 20 awarding stats that you can adjust per buff meaning you can easily spot change any buff to award specific things as opposed to now where all mastery buffs are equal in bonus so you can better avoid the 2000+ base damage scenario that everyone maxed has. I'm not sure if this style of mastery would allow you to dump the mastery system as it is now and free up the spellbook issue or not *as I said I don't pretend to understand the whole issue with it, if anything I would think it would effect the food supply of the map since that's where it displays but... w/e* I suppose the one thing you have to watch in that case is currently the spirit of Gaya can dispel all buffs and they have to reapplied such as Proof of Omega and all the Gaya spirit buffs *not sure if you can ever set it to avoid certain buffs...* So at any time I suppose you would lose you're mastery buff until it was reapplied but as I'm suggesting a aura with a insane range i'm not sure you can dispel the aura from a unit when the aura itself is still active?

And I just thought, since it IS an aura it would effect the spirit of Gaya as well supposedly? Meaning any Mana increases could take effect so you could also potentially increase the effectiveness of his skills for higher level characters *maybe make his spells have ranks and the first purchase awards rank 1, 5 mastery levels after that is another rank capping at 5 *Purchase 1, Master5 1, Master10 1, Master15 1, Master 20 1*? This is just an afterthought though and doesn't really matter if you even consider it. I'm just curious if there is indeed a way to create a new mastery system or if you had to completely debug the old one for a spellbook system to work.

Andrenden

Back to top Go down

Mastery/Spellbook issue Empty Re: Mastery/Spellbook issue

Post  psxlover Wed Aug 14, 2013 1:53 am

A map wide aura is how it currently works and is exactly what the problem is. As soon as a unit with the spellbook ability receives the buff, it dies... No idea why.

Seems like it's been a long time since I checked it. It uses TechTrees not global auras.
psxlover
psxlover

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrenden Wed Aug 14, 2013 2:25 am

So mastery isn't applied by an aura now but rather a techtree type effect *like researching those Damage Buffs on the farm, Rank 1 researched is 1 mastery, rank2 is 2, all the way to 20*? Would it work to have it swapped to a aura in that case do you think? I don't know really anything about the editor itself so if i'm way off base then forgive me lol. Maybe you can try having it award a test buff when your on a 99 *just to check and see if you could get a Map wide buff to trigger off a 99* Then deleting the mastery code as a whole *idk if this would break your loading ability* and if you can get both those events to work possibly give them a spellbook test item to see if they die? You'd need two copies of the map so you wouldn't change the working version obviously.

Ex. Create test structure or something that will award the mastery buff when it see's theres a 99, use the section of the mastery code that currently does the check for 99 *just so it can check* and make it trigger that test buff if it pops as true or w/e, and have the rest of the current mastery system code deleted, then put a spellbook object in and see what happens *as you load your code for a 99, see if that buff does pop up and is applied to your unit, then pickup the spellbook item and see if you die lol*

Andrenden

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down