Final Fantasy Epic RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Questions About the Archbishop And Heavenly Knight?

5 posters

Go down

Questions About the Archbishop And Heavenly Knight? Empty Questions About the Archbishop And Heavenly Knight?

Post  maxi1895 Tue Sep 04, 2012 1:34 am

Hi..
i really like this map its one of my favourite ones.. like DotA Very Happy..
Well the thing is.. a saw those two heros on the upper left corner of the map..
And i wonder.. its posible to play with them? or what? :B
BTW i play the 0.9.2 version.. i beated up Omega but Ultima.. i cant find the courage to fight him again xD (i got killed in 0.2 seconds)..
and also tried to fight against Eden but it has to much HP..
Can someone give me some hint about the Archbishop and the Heavenly Knight? are they going to be "playable characters" on future versions? can they be used on this version? are they playable at all? or they are just for watching? thx if you can answer me some of this questions :B

maxi1895

Back to top Go down

Questions About the Archbishop And Heavenly Knight? Empty Re: Questions About the Archbishop And Heavenly Knight?

Post  Zergling_man Tue Sep 04, 2012 12:19 pm

They're characters from old versions, actually. A quick run with the search box should turn that up.

As far as I'm aware, they're not planned to be returned, they got locked away due to being far too OP. There may be other reasons, (Did they exist in FFT? How heavily are the classes based on that anyway?) but the most commonly mentioned one is their powerlevel.

That said, if I knew more about them, I'd be more than happy to fuel discussion about their possible return. Though we must consider what effect that'd have on the current max level of 1980.
Zergling_man
Zergling_man

Back to top Go down

Questions About the Archbishop And Heavenly Knight? Empty Re: Questions About the Archbishop And Heavenly Knight?

Post  Andrenden Tue Sep 04, 2012 8:38 pm

Zergling_man wrote:They're characters from old versions, actually. A quick run with the search box should turn that up.

As far as I'm aware, they're not planned to be returned, they got locked away due to being far too OP. There may be other reasons, (Did they exist in FFT? How heavily are the classes based on that anyway?) but the most commonly mentioned one is their powerlevel.

That said, if I knew more about them, I'd be more than happy to fuel discussion about their possible return. Though we must consider what effect that'd have on the current max level of 1980.
I belive every class *save one...* has appeared in FFT even if they are no a player character class, Archbishop for example is something you could never have had, but Holy Swordsman is. *Heavenly is the exception, I have NEVER seen a Heavenly Knight* This is going off ps1 *or the psp remake of it I suppose* though as I never played the gba ones and I think this map had it's classes before those were even released.

Andrenden

Back to top Go down

Post  Karifean Tue Sep 04, 2012 8:51 pm

I think Heavenly Knight is derived from Holy Knight (Agrias). And yeah, they were cut because they are simply overpowered and once you had had them unlocked, there was no reason not to use them... which is not exactly what I'm personally aiming for.
In case you're interested, version 0.8.8 featured them (don't know if it still runs though and save codes aren't compatible) and in the hacked versions 0.9.0 and 0.9.0b they were also present.
Karifean
Karifean

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrenden Tue Sep 04, 2012 9:50 pm

I thought Holy Swordsman was the counter to Holy Knight... Oh wait, It's more on par with... wait for it... "THUNDER GOD" Cid! or the vastly unimpressive Cidolfus Orlandeau *Whos job was a Sword Saint which makes him Holy Swordsman* He gets some of his moves from Agrias so it makes sense why I would've confused them *the straight line attack with the freeze is a mix of 2 different Argias moves for example*

Andrenden

Back to top Go down

Post  namelessone Wed Sep 05, 2012 3:24 am

Actually, there WAS a Heaven Knight in Final Fantasy Tactics.
She went by the name of Rafa Galthana. CTRL+F her on this page: finalfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/Final_Fantasy_Tactics
Although she doesn't have the same abilities, the job is still there Wink
Cheers.

~A new member

namelessone

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrenden Wed Sep 05, 2012 6:04 am

namelessone wrote:Actually, there WAS a Heaven Knight in Final Fantasy Tactics.
She went by the name of Rafa Galthana. CTRL+F her on this page: finalfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/Final_Fantasy_Tactics
Although she doesn't have the same abilities, the job is still there Wink
Cheers.

~A new member

Oh now I feel stupid, I forgot those two and how one was Heaven and the other was Hell, yeah their jobs did exist but they use the pole weapons and wear light armor.

Andrenden

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down