Final Fantasy Epic RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A few questions :)

3 posters

Go down

A few questions :) Empty A few questions :)

Post  Faelynna Mon May 13, 2013 9:10 pm

Okay, so I've completed all the quests in the game (so, 50/50) and I've discovered a few hidden ones as well. I've opened up all the Secret Barrels (with no spear) mainly to get as many notes as I could for more in-game hints. Now i'm a little stumped, so was wondering if anyone could point me to either: Where to get/find the hints/info in game, or your own personal advice.

1.) Chocobo Breeding.
I'm not sure what to do about this. I've seen some of members mention it and the reference from the "Samurai's master sealed away the Judge" or something of that sort on a note referencing needing a good chocobo. How does one breed them? My suspicion is the Chocobo Cup drops special nuts you give to Chocobos which sorta just casts something to "breed" it? If there was a note about it, I never found it. I haven't seen any other info about it in-game.. Definitely could use the help here!

2.) The Invisible Box
I've tried a few different things here and nothing. My suspicion is you need to open the Lamp(lol) near the box possibly? Another hunch I had was having an Archer with a cursed dark bow.. but hmm.. I did find the note saying "A tough guy who doesn't fear death" ... which also makes me wonder if I should purposely DIE next to it. Any nudge in the right direction would be nice.

3.) Fading Notes
I've found roughly 20 different ones. Would anyone know the exact number? I've spent a good part of 10 hours painstakingly with opening 1 barrel, kill for about an hour, repeat..

4.) Battle Arena
Are there any more cups besides: Forest, Barrens, Mountains, Island, Lothlorien, Chocobo, and Demon? If so, how many more? Also it seems the drop chances off bosses in the arena are drastically lower, if not outright disabled once you re-fight them there, can this be confirmed?

5.) Dark Eidolons
I've only managed to kill 1.. The others are stomping my face. However, the Mark of Darkness they drop.. should I hold on to those or just sell to the Bazaar? I know it can't be saved but was wondering if i needed to turn them in somewhere...

6.) Optional Bosses
I've seen reference to Jumbo Cactaur, Mega Tonberry and Great Malboro on the forums.. I'm pretty sure I've got a clue where the rest of the optional bosses are.. but these i've not seen a hint to in game. Is there a hidden quest for them or are they in the arena which requires some hefty arena-playing to get? Just curious about where I can try finding those three sometime. Smile

Lastly! I've seen a chocobo with over 800 max attack occasionally just zip past me on the mountains! Is this a special chocobo or a chocobo that got misplaced from somehwere? .. It kind of reminded me of the Trickster hunt with it just zipping by me lol. It wasn't any different form the usual yellow Chocobos but seemed to have a lot of HP (I couldn't tell as it zipped by so fast before I could click and type -hp). Somehow I don't think it's special but was just curious anyway.

Thanks for reading!
Faelynna
Faelynna

Back to top Go down

A few questions :) Empty Re: A few questions :)

Post  Mavs Mon May 13, 2013 9:38 pm

Hi! The tidyness of your post compelled me to respond Razz.

1.) Chocobo Breeding.
Yes, the nuts dropped in the Chocobo Cup may be used for breeding. There's a total of 4 different kinds of nuts: Pram Nut, Luchil Nut(?), Carob Nut and the 'legendary' Zelo Nut. Pram Nut is for taming chocobos, the other three however, have two uses: Tame a chocobo OR breed two chocobos under your control. As you may have guessed, they don't have the same effects; Luchil Nut being the weakest breeding nut, and Zelo being the strongest. Also, Chocobos around the map may drop nuts. It's ussually a Pram nut, but if you try the harder ones, you might get Luchils/Carobs.

2.) The Invisible Box
Seeing as how you found that particular note already, there's really nothing to add. If you don't remember it then you should look for it again, read carefully but don't look too much into it. It's pretty straightforward.

3.) Fading Notes
There's a total of 25 Fading Notes. They work like this: After you've finished the quest that enables them as a drop, they will always drop in groups of 5. So, there's 5 'starter' Notes, and since there's 20 'unlockable' Notes and 10 Secret Barrels, it is my belief that every barrel you break unlocks the next 2 Notes.
As in:
a. 5 'starter' Notes
b. Break 1 Secret Barrel
c. Notes nº 1 and 2 stop dropping, and Notes nº 6 and 7 start dropping.
I could be wrong about that, but when I was getting all the Fading Notes my system was this: Get the first 5. Break 2 Secret Barrels, get the 4 new notes or all 5 just in case, repeat. Also, screening the notes might be a good idea.

4.) Battle Arena
There's a total of 10 Battle Arena Cups. They are:
Guardia Forest. Barrens. Northern Mountain. Island. Chocobo. Unique Enemy. Lothlorien. Demon. Ningen.
(I know there's one missing, I've always been too lazy to find the last one Razz).

5.) Dark Eidolons
Well, don't be discouraged. It might be a good idea to play in Normal difficulty, and gather some powerful items as well as a good number of Elixirs before you go off killing Dark Eidolons. I myself haven't killed them all, only about 13 or so and some I don't think I ever looked too much into how to spawn them, but even though I can't comfirm it, I've heard that once you sell all Marks of Darkness to the Bazaar (though I think any shop works), it will spawn a Perfect Mark of Darkness for sale.

6.) Optional Bosses
I'm not sure which Optional Bosses you're referring to. Those you named, I believe are found in the Arena. But really, everything past Echele is technically an 'optional boss' (Ultima Weapon, Eden, Dark Eidolons, all the quests other than the Main chain, etc).

I've seen a chocobo...
As for that speedy Chocobo... Well, can't say I've seen it. That 800 damage rings a bell, though I think that was in the Chocobo Cup. I'd look into that, and just in case, were you playing on single player at the time? Maybe it was someone else's chocobo, high level ones can go pretty fast...

Thanks for reading!
You're welcome.

EDIT: Kari got ninja'ed Shocked

Last edited by Mavs on Mon May 13, 2013 9:45 pm; edited 2 times in total
Mavs
Mavs

Back to top Go down

Post  Karifean Mon May 13, 2013 9:40 pm

Faelynna wrote:Okay, so I've completed all the quests in the game (so, 50/50) and I've discovered a few hidden ones as well. I've opened up all the Secret Barrels (with no spear) mainly to get as many notes as I could for more in-game hints. Now i'm a little stumped, so was wondering if anyone could point me to either: Where to get/find the hints/info in game, or your own personal advice.

1.) Chocobo Breeding.
I'm not sure what to do about this. I've seen some of members mention it and the reference from the "Samurai's master sealed away the Judge" or something of that sort on a note referencing needing a good chocobo. How does one breed them? My suspicion is the Chocobo Cup drops special nuts you give to Chocobos which sorta just casts something to "breed" it? If there was a note about it, I never found it. I haven't seen any other info about it in-game.. Definitely could use the help here!
All you really need is a nut besides the typical Pram Nut. Easiest way to get it is to fight Chocobos in either the Arena, in Ancient Forest or in the Snowy Mountains.
2.) The Invisible Box
I've tried a few different things here and nothing. My suspicion is you need to open the Lamp(lol) near the box possibly? Another hunch I had was having an Archer with a cursed dark bow.. but hmm.. I did find the note saying "A tough guy who doesn't fear death" ... which also makes me wonder if I should purposely DIE next to it. Any nudge in the right direction would be nice.
That quote is indeed the key, but try interpreting it in a different way ... remember - "don't fear death".
3.) Fading Notes
I've found roughly 20 different ones. Would anyone know the exact number? I've spent a good part of 10 hours painstakingly with opening 1 barrel, kill for about an hour, repeat..
There are 25 in total. Only 5 different ones are droppable at a time.
4.) Battle Arena
Are there any more cups besides: Forest, Barrens, Mountains, Island, Lothlorien, Chocobo, and Demon? If so, how many more? Also it seems the drop chances off bosses in the arena are drastically lower, if not outright disabled once you re-fight them there, can this be confirmed?
Yes, you're missing a couple of them. Try Island Cup. And you are hopefully playing the official release, cause in the unfinished version, there was a nasty bug preventing certain cups from being unlocked under specific conditions.
5.) Dark Eidolons
I've only managed to kill 1.. The others are stomping my face. However, the Mark of Darkness they drop.. should I hold on to those or just sell to the Bazaar? I know it can't be saved but was wondering if i needed to turn them in somewhere...
You can just safely sell them.
6.) Optional Bosses
I've seen reference to Jumbo Cactaur, Mega Tonberry and Great Malboro on the forums.. I'm pretty sure I've got a clue where the rest of the optional bosses are.. but these i've not seen a hint to in game. Is there a hidden quest for them or are they in the arena which requires some hefty arena-playing to get? Just curious about where I can try finding those three sometime. Smile
Those are indeed in the Arena. Again, try Island Cup. And there's quite a big amount of optional bosses in this map, some of which haven't even been found yet.
Lastly! I've seen a chocobo with over 800 max attack occasionally just zip past me on the mountains! Is this a special chocobo or a chocobo that got misplaced from somehwere? .. It kind of reminded me of the Trickster hunt with it just zipping by me lol. It wasn't any different form the usual yellow Chocobos but seemed to have a lot of HP (I couldn't tell as it zipped by so fast before I could click and type -hp). Somehow I don't think it's special but was just curious anyway.
I actually don't know what you're talking about. I guess you mean the Snowy Mountains and yeah, the chocobos there are a bit tough.
Karifean
Karifean

Back to top Go down

Post  Faelynna Tue May 14, 2013 7:35 am

Thank you for the replies! Adding more to my notes right now. Smile

That Chocobo I saw was in the Northern Mountains, forgot to specify that. I do play LAN with my husband and neither of us had one. I think it was just a Snowy Mountains chocobo that got misplaced.. but it was funny seeing it just speeding around! lol. I was hoping it was some sorta Trickster homage. (No funny ideas! ..Hated that hunt lol)

Ah, I've come across the Fairy Voodoo in my last game.. So now I have that and that baffling inivisble box i'll be trying to uncover in that Dark Dragon Marsh. Didn't get to the box this game... I must say that itty bitty Hades is downright adorable lol. So i'll try and keep it simple as you both mentioned. Well in any case, wish me luck and thanks again!

Edit/Update: Just wanted to mention that I'm on the official release of 0.9.3. I also screenied every note and finally went through them all. I'm 24/25 though! Noooo! Curses! Conspiracy I say! Formal Protest! Informal Protest!
Faelynna
Faelynna

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down