Final Fantasy Epic RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Finding Odin! (Remade!)

+22
NerotheDB
Andrenden
brewdarrymore
aiornieu
Cuoemrei
TakIntI
n00bz!
RedXBaka
Skyflimax
prime_genx
zakaevier
Rplus
dzk87
The_Rebellion
Kain_Xinth
mafab
Rekieum
Karifean
psxlover
Flameseeker
Darkmega
Zergling_man
26 posters

Page 2 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 11, 12, 13  Next

Go down

Finding Odin! (Remade!) - Page 2 Empty Re: Finding Odin! (Remade!)

Post  Zergling_man Mon Sep 26, 2011 4:08 am

It's not impossible to have chat triggers, I know it can be done. It's just that as you said, it's not very likely.

Hmm... So turn our eyes towards FFX then? Or do you think my scheme is madness? I just kinda jumped on it, it's the most likely thing I can think of.
Zergling_man
Zergling_man

Back to top Go down

Post  Darkmega Mon Sep 26, 2011 7:40 am

Zergling_man wrote:Darkmega, hitting levelcap isn't too hard. Razz

it's not "Hard" it's fucking annoying and time consuming. especially if you have to do it for everyone to become a total boss who can solo stuff. I like to play other things too you know, and grinding mobs with enough HP that it takes 3-5 minutes to kill one isn't exactly fun for very long. >_> but also getting good enough equipment to suppliment your growth and keep yourself overpowered is also hard cause of the damn shards you need to get.
Darkmega
Darkmega

Back to top Go down

Post  Zergling_man Mon Sep 26, 2011 11:07 am

Hmm... To derail this thread slightly:
My strategy is to rush the mage tree, hitting 15 on everyone until I get Sorc, then cap him out, and begin working my way back down to Chemist. Once I cap him, then I rush up warriors going for somewhere around 50, then back down once HK is 99. (Though I could probably do it better going 50 all the way up the mage tree, then going up the warrior tree, then coming back down however going for 99. Whatever.)

This doesn't actually take that long. You'll have Sorc at level 50 after ~3 hours probably, level 15 isn't super hard, especially if you have a friend. (Really early game, duoing makes it easier, then a bit later, having someone in town for quests is good.)

EDIT: Should probably add the caution that I have no sense of time.
Zergling_man
Zergling_man

Back to top Go down

Post  Darkmega Mon Sep 26, 2011 2:59 pm

yeah, I know how long it takes cause I'm usually playing the mage tree cause I just seem to play better and faster as a character who actually has mana they can use without running dry after casting one attack. >_> cause thats one thing I noticed, without major item holding to get some mana going the physical guys run out really quickly, and cause I'm too busy holding my best items to get said buffs I usually don't have a space to apply mana pots liberally, but yeah, sorceror was the first I ever maxed out so I know how long it takes. >_< I think I then went for the melee people once I had some good gear and the mastery buff I needed to get things flying and then rushed the holy swordsman then I was just all over the place. if i start playing again now though I'll probably start again for a more lasting experience again... and on hardcore mode for added "check yourself before you wreck yourself" applications... Very Happy but anyways carry on, sorry to derail the odin discussion. Razz
Darkmega
Darkmega

Back to top Go down

Post  Rekieum Wed Sep 28, 2011 11:17 pm

Hi guys!!!! I see you remembered me!!

I loved this ->
Flameseeker wrote: and Germonique Scriptures took the whole life of Elder Simon to decrypt, so that's not the way either.

xD poor old Simon...

Ok, Karifean came and wrote LOTS of hints, read them more carefully... Maybe you don't have to be always thinking about FF languages!
I also remember Lucsil, he cheated, that's why he found the solution, and that also explains why he didn't need to translate the note -.-''
But, it doesn't seem to me that you're willing to do that, so, keep searching! I like to see your interest, and you weren't very far from a conclusion about the note in Pollama when it "closed" or "died" or whatever.
YES, you don't actually need to translate the note to complete the quest, but you need it (the item in the game), and, yes, it has some conditions to appear, as Karifean said, killing Eden is one of them (oh I'm sure that's very simple Laughing ). Why is the translation so important?? Because there are some kind of "instructions", but if someone manages to translate it, the note it's a riddle itself...
Doing this took me 3 days.. I made a hard work, but with a big help from Karifean and Pfeffer... Having played FF too (not all of them though), I've never imagined that the riddle would be solved that way! So, begin by the obvious things, but also think in holy difficult things Wink

I gave a couple of hints too, I think, it's up to you to find them, and have fun leveling, killing bosses and finding Odin!
And we don't want to troll you, well, at least I don't want to, but it's funny to see how you are approaching to the biggest secret of FFERPG 0.9.2!
Rekieum
Rekieum

Back to top Go down

Post  Zergling_man Thu Sep 29, 2011 2:33 am

I don't think you're trolling; I'm loving this. It's a large, expansive puzzle, BUT it's one that I can actually solve. When I see a really huge thing, sometimes I ignore it because I know I'd get stuck at some point. But this one is actully an achievable goal. Each hint you give just excites me more, because it means we can be that much closer to the solution.

Now, back to the actual work.
Argh, the old Odin thread isn't archived with the latest anywhere that I can find. Apparently I missed a bunch of stuff in it. :/

Wasn't it Word of Devs that the note was written in an obscure FF language? (Though we were working on the idea that it was actually a cipher on top of that, though I don't know what order...)

Ok, so with the note itself, I am right on the solving part of it: The text provides the way to the next step, but if we work out what that step is, we don't need to translate the note. (Even if I do stumble onto the solution, I won't stop trying to solve the note.)
Now... Does -anyone- know how to get it to drop? We really need to get into killing Eden, I'm going to become more and more available over the next few weeks, so you can almost count on me to be available at any time. (And I'll try and start running games in my local group.)

The obvious thing... Is to give the note to someone. Either the guy in the Northern Mountains, or Cid/Mid or the elves. Or Ao Mud... whatever. We need that note no matter what - let's get cracking, rolling out those levelcapped codes. <_< (As I said, I'm going to work on making a second one, just because I can.)

Last edited by Zergling_man on Thu Sep 29, 2011 5:34 am; edited 1 time in total
Zergling_man
Zergling_man

Back to top Go down

Post  Flameseeker Thu Sep 29, 2011 4:17 am

I remember a bit about the hints.

We talked about obscure languages (we got to al bhed rather quickly and it was a dead end), my suggestion about the germonique scriptures also got shut down for obvious reasons (poor simon indeed).
When we talked about anagrams we made a few words/sentences but not very helpful. We used only parts of the letters to make words like "summon" or "odin".

Then we tried anagram+cyphers but the number of possibilities with that combination is limitless, so we didn't get much further.
At this time one of the hints was something like this: "anagrams, cypher, crossovers. Mix them all"

Sometime after i fell upon a song making process that i though it was pertinent.
http://finalfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/Hymn_of_the_Fayth
At the moment i don't think this leads anywhere, but it still is a rather interesting process of making the lyrics.

This is all from memory but i think it went somewhere along this lines.

Flameseeker

Back to top Go down

Post  Zergling_man Thu Sep 29, 2011 5:06 am

Wow... Who has more time to waste, the guy who wrote those lyrics/that puzzle, or anyone who deciphered it? <_<

Also, I noticed Shiva, Ifrit and Bahamut in that list. Does those three also being in FFERPG (all on the Summoner, no less) mean anything related to Odin? I'm guessing not, it's too obscure for this puzzle, but I just noticed it.

Either way... Such a thing is not impossible for our note.
Hmm... Well, I'm going to spend the next hour or so running around with similar ideas; I remember ages ago someone mentioned that it looks like Japanese, but not quite. So... I'll probably be making liberal use of Google Translate with the note in various strange forms.
Zergling_man
Zergling_man

Back to top Go down

Post  psxlover Thu Sep 29, 2011 7:08 am

Flameseeker wrote:
Sometime after i fell upon a song making process that i though it was pertinent.
http://finalfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/Hymn_of_the_Fayth
At the moment i don't think this leads anywhere, but it still is a rather interesting process of making the lyrics.
I don't remember that in the pollama post.

Zergling_man wrote:
Also, I noticed Shiva, Ifrit and Bahamut in that list. Does those three also being in FFERPG (all on the Summoner, no less) mean anything related to Odin? I'm guessing not, it's too obscure for this puzzle, but I just noticed it.
They are in nearly every Final Fantasy from III and onwards, as summons.
psxlover
psxlover

Back to top Go down

Post  Zergling_man Thu Sep 29, 2011 9:46 am

Oh. Well. Unrelated then.

Meanwhile, nothing new about the note, except that Google Translate is funny when you break the note into every different sound. >_>
Zergling_man
Zergling_man

Back to top Go down

Post  Flameseeker Thu Sep 29, 2011 2:05 pm

The lyrics i just referenced in the old post, i don't think i ever actually gave a link for that.

Out of ideas at the moment...

Flameseeker

Back to top Go down

Post  Rekieum Thu Sep 29, 2011 6:17 pm

Don't rely on summons, in FF Tactics (for psx, War of the Lions, and the "extended" edition for psp) Odin also appeared as a summon, so if we could add all the summons (with the spellbook :p) to the summoner, just because the jobs are based on FFT, never forget that, Odin, Lich, Leaviathan, Golem, Moogle, etc, would appear as regular-high level summons.
So analysing the jobs won't get you closer to solving the note...
As psxlover said, I don't remember that clues from pollama, but keep up the good work (and here my memory fails, because you wrote so much in that post!)
Rekieum
Rekieum

Back to top Go down

Post  Zergling_man Fri Sep 30, 2011 3:25 am

It was just a random tangent from a Final Fantasy newbie. I figured it was a long-shot, and it became clear to me after psxlover mentioned some stuff. Definitely not worth chasing.

Also, you say we're close; it feels like we're still so far away to me. But at least we're slowly getting somewhere. Even if we're just eliminating things that can't be, each one gives one less it can be.

Hmm... So I went wandering around via Google earlier, with the note's text. All I turned up was this forum and another one that Karef is on (with the note in his signature, still taunting me). So, the note's text definitely doesn't appear in any other FF game.

When you say it's solved in a very similar way to a puzzle in FF, do you mean the actions required, which we'll know if we solve the note? So basically, if we can find the puzzle it's based on, we also don't need to translate the note? (So effectively this has two ways of solving it?)
Zergling_man
Zergling_man

Back to top Go down

Post  Rekieum Fri Sep 30, 2011 7:33 am

Zergling_man wrote:When you say it's solved in a very similar way to a puzzle in FF, do you mean the actions required, which we'll know if we solve the note? So basically, if we can find the puzzle it's based on, we also don't need to translate the note? (So effectively this has two ways of solving it?)

I'm afraid that the only way to solve the note is
Spoiler:
Difficult, but still only one way.

Edit: Added Spoiler :p

Last edited by Rekieum on Fri Sep 30, 2011 4:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
Rekieum
Rekieum

Back to top Go down

Post  Zergling_man Fri Sep 30, 2011 8:14 am

Rekium: Spoiler spoiler spoiler spoiler.
Very Happy

Well, now we know roughly what we're up against. So... You're basically saying that the first thing is to go trawling FF games.
Zergling_man
Zergling_man

Back to top Go down

Post  Rekieum Fri Sep 30, 2011 5:07 pm

The very very very first thing is getting the note. Don't forget your main objective!
Spoiler:
That also required spoiler...

Zergling_man wrote:Also, you say we're close; it feels like we're still so far away to me. But at least we're slowly getting somewhere. Even if we're just eliminating things that can't be, each one gives one less it can be.
Keep playing! Of course you aren't near, but you are closer than at the beginning... that also makes you near the objective.
That was what I tried to say.
Rekieum
Rekieum

Back to top Go down

Post  Zergling_man Fri Sep 30, 2011 5:32 pm

We should just spoiler the entire thread. Razz Anyone who's in here is going to read them anyways.

Wow, so Lucasil got -really- lucky, meeting a whole heap of conditions all at once?

I know. Very Happy We're getting somewhere. It'll get quicker if we find this first step, probably.
Zergling_man
Zergling_man

Back to top Go down

Post  Rekieum Fri Sep 30, 2011 6:28 pm

Zergling_man wrote:We should just spoiler the entire thread. Razz Anyone who's in here is going to read them anyways.

Wow, so Lucasil got -really- lucky, meeting a whole heap of conditions all at once?

I know. Very Happy We're getting somewhere. It'll get quicker if we find this first step, probably.

-I think that we should add a warning at the title, or something like that. It used to be a BIG secret, and still what happens remains unknown.

-Lucsil12 (that was his nick IIRC) found a way (an illegal way I will add, not the way, because of encouraging people [not you, who are in the quest, but others] to use it) to find EVERY insane and little and detailed condition to achieve the "prize", without solving the note. That's why he was always so "ahead" of us (until I solved the note myself). I don't blame him though, because he made it for himself, and he had the courage to tell us, and the pressure of finding Odin was just so (don't know which word to use here, help me zerg Very Happy, something like "unhandable", don't know if exists) that it's """understandable"""... I'm not saying that cheat is good, I hate it, and devs hate it, and FFERPG has cheating protection, but it seems that everything isn't possible... Also, it's not the way to complete the quest, after such hard work from your part... It's totally wrong, I can't find a way to justify his actions... But this is not a tread to judge people, nor opinions/ideas.

-Also, you can find all the steps, and also make a puzzle with them! [REALLY joking Razz ]
Rekieum
Rekieum

Back to top Go down

Post  Zergling_man Sat Oct 01, 2011 5:35 am

Of those of us that are here currently, if we all solve it together, do you want us to hide the solution for anyone else that comes? (I'm guessing so. Though, once about 5-6 people know about it, it'll soon end up public knowledge, even if by accident.)

I can kinda see why, he was one of the most involved before, so I can imagine it'd have haunted him much more than me. Perhaps he felt like he wasn't getting enough assistance.
Whatever, as you said, we're not here to judge his actions. We're here to find Odin.
Two asides: Yeah, I think that was his exact name. And is "unbearable" the word you're looking for?

Hmm.. What? Make a puzzle out of the solution for a puzzle? Is this kind of like once we solve it, we can make an alternate solution which is basically a bunch of riddles which if solved are hints towards what needs to be done?
Zergling_man
Zergling_man

Back to top Go down

Post  Rekieum Sat Oct 01, 2011 6:15 am

Zergling_man wrote:Of those of us that are here currently, if we all solve it together, do you want us to hide the solution for anyone else that comes? (I'm guessing so. Though, once about 5-6 people know about it, it'll soon end up public knowledge, even if by accident.)

I can kinda see why, he was one of the most involved before, so I can imagine it'd have haunted him much more than me. Perhaps he felt like he wasn't getting enough assistance.
Whatever, as you said, we're not here to judge his actions. We're here to find Odin.
Two asides: Yeah, I think that was his exact name. And is "unbearable" the word you're looking for?

Hmm.. What? Make a puzzle out of the solution for a puzzle? Is this kind of like once we solve it, we can make an alternate solution which is basically a bunch of riddles which if solved are hints towards what needs to be done?

-Oh, that's obvious! Someday everything will be known, but still it has it complications, even if you manage to solve this riddles!

-Unbearable was the word! thank you

-It's that kind of thing. Pretty useless, but it messes the things a little bit more
Rekieum
Rekieum

Back to top Go down

Post  mafab Sun Dec 18, 2011 11:38 pm

Well I'm only at the total level of 877 so I don't know anything really about Eden and what happens after Ultima etc. but I recently found an NPC that is sort off "hidden" to the right of the Shipyard. That NPC is called Loz. He doesn't say anything, but I think he could somehow be related to this, not only because you can't really see him without the healthbars on, but also because in general if something is hidden it is most likely off use.
I'm still working on the full level, so I won't be able to participate in the practical search until I am strong enough.

Also I want to summarize the tips we got so far:

-Killing Eden is a requirement
-No NPC that talks in a cutscene will be of any help.
-there is exactly one line of dialogue in the entire map that gives a hint on the note.
-none of the languages (al bhed, Ivalician Script, Cocoon/Gran Pulse alphabet, Etro Script, germonique scripture) will be of use for decrypting the note.
-It is deciphered the same way as something else in the FF series, before FFXIII
-a certain letter does not appear in the text.
-"Don't translate it to al Bhead but you're close"
-"Numbers, ciphers, words, crosses, anagrams, mix that up."
-The method to translate is the same as in the FF riddle.

That's all I could find for now in both threads.

*edit*
"Evanescence... what a sad word" I have a feeling that this quote might be of use.

mafab

Back to top Go down

Post  Zergling_man Mon Dec 19, 2011 5:24 am

Yay, new blood. Very Happy
Didn't we already try a key cipher on Evanescence? Maybe it was a shorter word... Also it repeats letters so it's not so likely.
As for what else it could mean... I'm drawing a blank here, I doubt I'll be the one to crack this, if it is where we're going.
Zergling_man
Zergling_man

Back to top Go down

Post  mafab Mon Dec 19, 2011 5:50 am

Yup, but I did watch the old thread on Pollama before it died.
I did some power leveling and tried to solo Eden, got him 3/4 down, so I will be able to help more practical soon.
Through the whole session I was thinking about Odin and to the current knowledge we have I can only think that the NPC I mentioned first in my previous post could be the key. The problem for me though is, I am not strong enough to defeat Eden yet, so I can't test out what happens if I use the note on this NPC. I don't even know if it is correct and might be a lucky guess Razz
but in some way I think the name of the NPC, "Loz", can be related with the note, because we got the hint about missing letters and both "L" and "Z" are not in the note. Not sure if that can help us though. Razz
At the moment I believe that the note in total does not have a real translation, meaning but a small bit in it is what we are looking for. I'm not sure about a similar puzzle in a FF game though so it is just my guess...

mafab

Back to top Go down

Post  Zergling_man Mon Dec 19, 2011 6:02 am

Slightly occupied, I'll put a proper reply here soon.

Well, LoZ could be the union of the sets L and Z... Highly unlikely though. Perhaps, we remove the Os as well and continue? Highly unlikely, but it could be one of the steps...

Also: Hit up the solo Eden thread and tell me all about that battle. If you got him to 1/4 from full, without being level 1980, I really want to know how.
Zergling_man
Zergling_man

Back to top Go down

Post  mafab Mon Dec 19, 2011 12:50 pm

Well I am around level 1600 now, with ultimate weapon and all the other good stuff.
The reason I was able to get him to 1/4 is because of a bug making him start with 3/4 hp, also it was very easy mode.
I also know that my LoZ theory is highly unlikely Razz but hey the Legend of Zelda probably IS important for the history of Final Fantasy games. Wink
The thing about this whole quest is that every single so seemingly unimportant line or NPC could be the key to Odin.

But I anyway believe that (until a dev corrects me) that the solution to the note is not the whole note, but just a little part of it is the key.

*edit* I just noticed that all of the missing letters in the note "c f j l q v x z" are all consonants. Might not be important but we should maybe note that down...

mafab

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 11, 12, 13  Next