Final Fantasy Epic RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Finding Odin! (Remade!)

+22
NerotheDB
Andrenden
brewdarrymore
aiornieu
Cuoemrei
TakIntI
n00bz!
RedXBaka
Skyflimax
prime_genx
zakaevier
Rplus
dzk87
The_Rebellion
Kain_Xinth
mafab
Rekieum
Karifean
psxlover
Flameseeker
Darkmega
Zergling_man
26 posters

Page 11 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12, 13  Next

Go down

Finding Odin! (Remade!) - Page 11 Empty Re: Finding Odin! (Remade!)

Post  psxlover Sun Jun 10, 2012 11:29 am

n00bz! wrote:
Yep. 500+ wizards and still no note. Talk about awful RNG. :\

You still have a loooong way to go till you get it...
psxlover
psxlover

Back to top Go down

Post  prime_genx Sun Jun 10, 2012 12:12 pm

TakIntI wrote: luckily i found how to summon Odin. Then serched for Odin for 1 hour (i cant beleive how many times i just kept passing around him).. I found him..
my congratulations
prime_genx
prime_genx

Back to top Go down

Post  prime_genx Sun Jun 10, 2012 12:13 pm

n00bz! wrote:

Yep. 500+ wizards and still no note. Talk about awful RNG. :\

keep killing! its not close but at least your on the right track!
prime_genx
prime_genx

Back to top Go down

Post  n00bz! Sun Jun 17, 2012 8:27 am

Where are the other people who are searching for odin?

Just posting on my progress. I will be a quoting a few posts.

Anyways, My first playthrough I rushed to get the note(only taking the hydra egg and spirit of water quest) and kited ultima. After my killcount reached 10,000 with the mystery note not dropping, I restarted my game.

My next playthrough I finished all the quest and after my killcount reached 2200 (700 killing baddies and the rest are wizards) the note dropped.

TakIntI wrote:That is great, I returned to play fferpg again after years (dont know for how much time i wasnt playing it), returned to my search for Odin. My wc3 was open since yesterday and nearly contuniously played and tried all the possibilities for this note, checked the forums -you gave some worthy hints there prime-, luckily i found how to summon Odin. Then searched for Odin for 1 hour (i cant beleive how many times i just kept passing around him).. I found him.. After checking his abilities, returned back to change my class. And da da dum. Wc3 crashed!
Man what the hell was that! I even got a greatest headache here and now CRASH?!? and after all these hours of playing, it just closed just.. just when i face him!
With luck and random roaming you can find odin (just like with the old forums; lucsil) but you need to fulfill precise requirements. We know that you have to find him in the night. But where and how? With the translation of the riddle maybe we can find out.

prime_genx wrote:
yeah... I managed...

but dont worry... I wont leave you out from my dust

here's a hint that i hope wont spoil everything...

odin mentions this when you will solve the note

"I am Odin, Northern God, Devine Eidolon"
"find me in the strongest place, decide what it shall be!"

... i figured later that he has a 5 minute break... means you need to kill him before 5 minute ends
because when he reaches the end of it... he uses zanzetsuken which will slay you all and he returns to his realm

... thinking about it... ill post what ive been through in a new topic
Snowy mountains probably with the normal tree probably? or the place where you fought hasmalum. There are 2 buildings there, a demon gate (which you can see visibly) and a shimmering portal.

prime_genx wrote:
but before that... I kinda reviewed on Final Fantasy VIII specifically the Centra Ruins...
to summon Odin... one must poke to statues and get its eye and all of that... then proceed to where Odin is

it is much the same in this map... only that... it is some kind of finding a thing and do something with it...

and the note will answer the 3 basic questions... what to do, when should you do it and where will you do it!

then the earth rumbles! and Odin will say those words mentioned...

you can find him related with his title.

I almost jumped with joy when I heard him say that! imagine that it took me 3 weeks to fully understand it... what a break!

There are statues in naga island and IIRC centra ruins were in some kind of desert (probably barrens is the counterpart of the game).

For finding odin, it seems you need to find the right place (at night time) or you can just randomly roam which I'm doing now (someone spoonfeed me hints :S). I've tried places where bosses usually stay but to no avail but there's one spot that interest me is in the naga island, the volcano. The enemies there can swim across the volcano so I changed my job to a samurai but I can't do it. Might be a possible spawn point of Odin. And with the Centra ruins mentioned there's probably a 5% chance that odin is the barrens (there's a small hill with different color near the entrance to hasmal).

Locations of interest: Barrens and Naga Island

As for the note itself. Maybe we have to find sleipnir? or somehow sleipnir is incorporated to the riddle. I still have no "valid" translation for the riddle. I've tried doing absurd things like killing all pack horses, finding the 3 childs with different names (Loz, Kadaj, Yazoo; FFVII:AC, probably sephiroth on next version Cool )

It's 3 am in the morning here. Time to sleep Sleep

n00bz!

Back to top Go down

Post  psxlover Sun Jun 17, 2012 9:58 am

You have to do something before you can start searching for him. That's why you need to decipher the note.
psxlover
psxlover

Back to top Go down

Post  prime_genx Mon Jun 18, 2012 12:07 pm

n00bz! wrote:

As for the note itself. Maybe we have to find sleipnir? or somehow sleipnir is incorporated to the riddle. I still have no "valid" translation for the riddle. I've tried doing absurd things like killing all pack horses, finding the 3 childs with different names (Loz, Kadaj, Yazoo; FFVII:AC, probably sephiroth on next version Cool )

that is one long feedback you run into... but to tell you this... before I got what it is that I have regarding sleipnir... I massacred all of the horse riders and even those horse at the farm figuring one of them is sleipnir ( poor horses, I could be sued due to animal cruelty ) but figured it wasnt... so I will go with psxlover... just translate the note and the answers are all there...

review on all of the given... my riddles if combined will show you the way...

the strongest place is located near the strongest boss you can see after you have killed echele the ice demon... but odin only shows up if you have met all of the requirements... and the fundamental part is written in the note.
prime_genx
prime_genx

Back to top Go down

Post  TakIntI Mon Jun 18, 2012 11:31 pm

n00bz! wrote:
TakIntI wrote:That is great, I returned to play fferpg again after years (dont know for how much time i wasnt playing it), returned to my search for Odin. My wc3 was open since yesterday and nearly contuniously played and tried all the possibilities for this note, checked the forums -you gave some worthy hints there prime-, luckily i found how to summon Odin. Then searched for Odin for 1 hour (i cant beleive how many times i just kept passing around him).. I found him.. After checking his abilities, returned back to change my class. And da da dum. Wc3 crashed!
Man what the hell was that! I even got a greatest headache here and now CRASH?!? and after all these hours of playing, it just closed just.. just when i face him!
With luck and random roaming you can find odin (just like with the old forums; lucsil) but you need to fulfill precise requirements. We know that you have to find him in the night. But where and how? With the translation of the riddle maybe we can find out.
I didnt find him by luck nor by random roaming, i followed prime's hints. If you want another hint, here is mine (also the proof that i actually found him), i made him hear me Wink

TakIntI

Back to top Go down

Post  prime_genx Tue Jun 19, 2012 7:27 am

n00bz! wrote:
"I am Odin, Northern God, Devine Eidolon"
"find me in the strongest place, decide what it shall be!"

you can find him related with his title.

There are statues in naga island and IIRC centra ruins were in some kind of desert (probably barrens is the counterpart of the game).

For finding odin, it seems you need to find the right place (at night time) or you can just randomly roam which I'm doing now (someone spoonfeed me hints :S). I've tried places where bosses usually stay but to no avail but there's one spot that interest me is in the naga island, the volcano. The enemies there can swim across the volcano so I changed my job to a samurai but I can't do it. Might be a possible spawn point of Odin. And with the Centra ruins mentioned there's probably a 5% chance that odin is the barrens (there's a small hill with different color near the entrance to hasmal).

Locations of interest: Barrens and Naga Island

ODIN IS A NORTHERN GOD... naga island is at the south coast... HELLO?

to do this randomly will take you ages... so

stop wasting your time wondering around and focus your eyeballs on the note... its the best way
prime_genx
prime_genx

Back to top Go down

Post  Cuoemrei Sat Aug 04, 2012 12:28 pm

So this is what I got so far. Hope I'm still able to get help lol.

Wu En Te Ar Isu Sha Do O Weru Te Randusu
Yan Du Bri Tesu Shi Ne Teo Mun na Me
En Te Mi Ma Gi Suka Ru Us Yu Du
We Re De Mon We Rure Puro Etin Ru Mu

When there is a shadow over the land -usu
And the brightest shine is the moon -a me
Enter my magic- suka ru us yu du
Where demon wanders portal(?)-ru mu

Are my last two lines at least close?

Cuoemrei

Back to top Go down

Finding Odin! (Remade!) - Page 11 Empty Eur..

Post  aiornieu Tue Aug 07, 2012 5:08 am

Amazing/..
I really don't
what to say..

aiornieu

Back to top Go down

Post  prime_genx Tue Aug 07, 2012 7:55 am

Cuoemrei wrote:So this is what I got so far. Hope I'm still able to get help lol.

Wu En Te Ar Isu Sha Do O Weru Te Randusu
Yan Du Bri Tesu Shi Ne Teo Mun na Me
En Te Mi Ma Gi Suka Ru Us Yu Du
We Re De Mon We Rure Puro Etin Ru Mu

Where demon wanders portal(?)-ru mu

Are my last two lines at least close?

yeah they are... just a few adjustments on sukaruusyudu
and the last line should be "du mu" and not "ru mu"
prime_genx
prime_genx

Back to top Go down

Post  Cuoemrei Tue Aug 07, 2012 5:19 pm

So after I revised it like REALLY LITTLE.

I'm with

Where demon wanders portal(?) of doom.

I'm still not sure whether "puro etin" turns into portal of and I'm not sure what you meant by adjustments to sukaruusyudu

Are my 3 pretty much completed lines on the spot or are they still off?

I've been thinking, does the third line have to do with Entering a Magical place with something in your inventory? Like in FFVII where in Centra Ruins you have to have that gargoyle eye?

Ok so I went back and used sukaruusyudu and got

When there is a shadow over the land
And the brightest shine is the moon
Enter my magic scar, as you do
Where demon wanders portal of doom / Where demon were representing doom

Is it somewhat like this?

Cuoemrei

Back to top Go down

Post  prime_genx Thu Aug 09, 2012 5:35 am

to be exact... centra ruins does have similarity with this in terms of "what to do" and not "where to do it" neither "how to do it"
it just gives you ideas on how things works out, the idea of having something in your inventory is indeed a dire need, you need to have the note in one of your slots for odin to appear.... also... forget the portal word found in your translation because there is no such word found in the note and focus on what Rude is saying.

about these: Where demon were representing doom <--- the idea is correct but the second to the last line is rather ... different... let say... you remove the "re" and "sen" and make creative phonetical expressions and your on the go... good luck

prime_genx
prime_genx

Back to top Go down

Post  brewdarrymore Thu Aug 09, 2012 3:55 pm

Still cannot find Odin after all hints given in this topic. Can someone give me just another hint? Smile

brewdarrymore

Back to top Go down

Post  Cuoemrei Thu Aug 09, 2012 9:34 pm

Honestly, I'm stop with the remaining syllables of sukaruusyudu, I can't seem to even think of any words that would even get remotely near the sound and make sense at the same time.

And what do you mean be "re" and "sen", is it the last line?

I tried removing "re" and "sen" from the last time and I get the word preempting which means to prevent while the current word I have is represent.
I'm stupid compared to those that already have solved the Odin mystery.

Cuoemrei

Back to top Go down

Post  Karifean Thu Aug 09, 2012 10:20 pm

Get that su out of there, it belongs after the ne of the line above. Also, the last line ends with yurudumu.
Karifean
Karifean

Back to top Go down

Post  Zergling_man Fri Aug 10, 2012 7:21 am

Cuoemrei wrote:I tried removing "re" and "sen" from the last time and I get the word preempting which means to prevent while the current word I have is represent.
I'm stupid compared to those that already have solved the Odin mystery.
Pre-empt... Doesn't necessarily mean prevent. But whatever.

Also, I still haven't solved it. I gave up after prime_genx appeared and had it solved soon after. I just got left far behind, and since it's now known, at least by a few, I've stopped caring.
Zergling_man
Zergling_man

Back to top Go down

Post  Cuoemrei Fri Aug 10, 2012 8:00 pm

Does the 3rd line have to do with a risen mane?

Cuoemrei

Back to top Go down

Post  prime_genx Fri Aug 17, 2012 5:31 pm

Cuoemrei wrote:Does the 3rd line have to do with a risen mane?

nope... it doesnt

heres the last line when arranged

Spoiler:

its exactly how it is written... now focus on the previous lines and take off those syllables stated here if included in the previous lines and make some arrangements...
prime_genx
prime_genx

Back to top Go down

Post  Cuoemrei Sun Aug 19, 2012 6:12 am

Yeah, I've had that as my last line for a while, just been stuck trying to find the phonetic meaning of the 3rd line

Cuoemrei

Back to top Go down

Post  prime_genx Sun Aug 19, 2012 4:41 pm

its just a matter of time... i had already given the right hints on the riddles given in the first place regarding what Rude has to say... you just always tend to forget about that... always keep in mind every single word that he mentioned and one of them fits the incription on the note... on the third line to be exact... that said... i have given enough information for you to handle... its up to you to solve it... good luck
prime_genx
prime_genx

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrenden Mon Aug 20, 2012 8:40 pm

Well i'm still confused, I came here and read the first few pages trying to figure out the note, once they mentioned Hymn of the Faith I started trying to work that, I quickly got lost as i'm not good with that kind of puzzle @.@; Came back and none of the other posts seem to have helpped, the best I figured was the bit about the earths shadow, so during night, but I don't know what or where. Some people mentioned demons rotting, so I tried messing around Priscilla or where Ultima was *the Tiara you gave Priscilla was supposed to absorb the energy from rotting demons was it not?* Needless to say all that did was summon eden again and get me curbstompped. With the information in this thread can someone whos obviously done it *or knows how correctly* give us the good or "valid" translations over the errors? people were getting caught up but Randusu for example and its hard to pick the correct over the incorrect for figure out what to do and where *already have when as stated*

Andrenden

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrenden Tue Aug 21, 2012 6:52 am

TakIntI wrote:
n00bz! wrote:
I didnt find him by luck nor by random roaming, i followed prime's hints. If you want another hint, here is mine (also the proof that i actually found him), i made him hear me Wink

You made him hear you? With the hints Prime gave and mixed with the bit of info Rude has *and alittle of the note that I cant make further heads or tails of, even after this thread i've got the 1st and last line outright given and still don't know anything >.<* Am I safe to assume that Primes hints of "Entering a place and thinking magical" should be combined with something about rudes quote "Odins Magical horse is named Sleiphnir" and have that spoken outloud at the location *wherever that is, still failing with the note...*, then that will trigger Odin's spawn?

Andrenden

Back to top Go down

Post  Zergling_man Tue Aug 21, 2012 2:25 pm

Perhaps you have to go through that portal that's near the Northern Mountain quick-travel portal, into that area, then yell "slepnir"? And do it during the night. This is just my guess, I'm still where you're at.
Zergling_man
Zergling_man

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrenden Tue Aug 21, 2012 7:53 pm

Zergling_man wrote:Perhaps you have to go through that portal that's near the Northern Mountain quick-travel portal, into that area, then yell "slepnir"? And do it during the night. This is just my guess, I'm still where you're at.

Tried that >.< I tried "Sleipnir" "sleipnir" "-Sleipnir" "-sleipnir" lol, I even tried Randusu in those variations because i'm still unsure how that fit in, Someone near the end of this thread had *from what I can tell* a pretty good take on the note but it still has extra stuff leftover *Randusu became "Land" with usu Leftover...* but the one thing none of the translations in the thread seem to have is what to do, We have some rough interpretations but they all seem to deal with where demons either were or are currently *Not that you can tell what is a "demon" unless its purely a dmg type...* I finally had to shut my PC off after all day yesterday so about 7hours-8 hours later and maybe I can try more stuff again... any "hint" that they say Rude gives seems to be almost nonexistant as it really just seems to hint at the existence of Odin but really Reno mentions Cloud and he doesnt exist so They don't seem that relevent to me, They used to just foreshadow events in future updates so who knows.

Andrenden

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12, 13  Next