Final Fantasy Epic RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Finding Odin! (Remade!)

+22
NerotheDB
Andrenden
brewdarrymore
aiornieu
Cuoemrei
TakIntI
n00bz!
RedXBaka
Skyflimax
prime_genx
zakaevier
Rplus
dzk87
The_Rebellion
Kain_Xinth
mafab
Rekieum
Karifean
psxlover
Flameseeker
Darkmega
Zergling_man
26 posters

Page 3 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

Go down

Finding Odin! (Remade!) - Page 3 Empty Re: Finding Odin! (Remade!)

Post  Zergling_man Sat Jan 21, 2012 6:54 am

Kain_Xinth wrote:Actually, that happened when I first started, no load code or anything. I was curious if anything changed so I went around talking to everyone and it seemed like immediately after talking to Frakir it said "Eden has been defeated!" Although it could've been an hour or two for all I know..I normally have an impeccable sense of time, but you sit me down in front of a game and I lose all track of it. But seriously, I'm pretty sure it was instantaneous, and if it wasn't it was definitely within a few minutes' time. I didn't play with any of the commands or anything, I just went around randomly talking to anyone who had an exclamation point over their head.
Hmm... I'll check that out.

Kain_Xinth wrote:I've already got Sorcerer ultimately mastered, was working on Holy Knight next. Figured I'd work my way down after the two easy classes were taken care of (I say easy, 'cause you can just wander Lothlorien's forest and slaughter your way through it a couple times for an hour or two and practically be done.)
... Are you me? This is exactly how I think of them...

Kain_Xinth wrote:And yes, I usually wind up having a lot to say. Not quite sure why..But I type at about 120 words per minute so it's really easy to write a short story lol. If you're free right now Zerg I'll be up for about another two hours if you'd like to get a game in? Just check my profile for some contact information, and if you don't have either of those just PM me what you do have and I'll download it.

Kain.
I'll add you on MSN later. Maybe I'll do a better job of noticing your presence that way. >_>
Also: I already had my MSN address listed. Bit hard to not have it. Razz
Zergling_man
Zergling_man

Back to top Go down

Post  The_Rebellion Tue Jan 24, 2012 7:42 am

I found a letter puzzle that might just work...
stason[DOT]org/TULARC/games/final-fantasy/4-5-10-Final-Fantasy-VII-I-m-in-the-Shinra-HQ-How-do-I-s[DOT]html
Its a letter puzzle having to do with finding a certain code in names of books, using the starting letters of words, and counting into other words to find that letter to make the phrase.

And since Reno, A member of shinra, from the same game, is in here, and seems to do nothing, maybe he has to do with the hint?

(And yes, I made an account just to post this Very Happy)

EDIT:There is also a fishing bottles quest in FFXII, where you replace the letter in the phrase with the next letter in the alphabet. For instance:

CDZCKZMCRANZS
C=D, D=E, Z=A, and so forth, spelling DEAD LANDS BOAT

[strike]
Spoiler:

EDIT:Ok scratch that x.x Doesnt work xD unless it has to do with the missing letters, like I think I saw someone say.

Theres a puzzle for finding a password in FFX, where you take every other letter from each phrase, and combine them,
Spoiler:

EDIT:Ok that one doesnt seem to work either...

The_Rebellion

Back to top Go down

Post  Zergling_man Tue Jan 24, 2012 11:53 am

Hold it, back on page 2, Karifean's entry, he mentions a few big hints...

Karifean wrote:
Thirdly, there is exactly one line of dialogue in the entire map that gives a hint on the note. No NPC that talks in a cutscene will be of any help.
And finally, none of the languages listed above will be of use for decrypting the note. It is deciphered the same way as something else in the FF series, however, and I hadn't played FFXIII yet when I made this quest. The only thing posted that is a far-fetched hint is that a certain letter does not appear in the text.
The very next post starts on the note this one ends on:
Flameseeker wrote:Never noticed till now the missing letters but it seems they're important somehow.
c f j l q v x z ->can't make anything out of them at the moment
Karifean says "a certain letter". Of those, I note precisely one of them appears in "Slepnir". Since none are in Odin, I think perhaps that's a good base to go from. Perhaps L being the second letter means we have an off-set for something.
Perhaps it relates to what is the most likely line of dialogue referenced in the beginning: "Did you know Odin's magical horse is called Slepnir?" (Is that exactly how it's worded? I should go look it up.) This has... Four Ls in it.
Zergling_man
Zergling_man

Back to top Go down

Post  The_Rebellion Tue Jan 24, 2012 6:32 pm

Karifean wrote:. It's not impossible it just requires loads and loads of creativity and knowledge of FFX.

So he mentions this, which narrows down the amount of possibilities, and marks out my first two guesses anyways xP

I was wondering what all the Slepnir talk was, but now I see the line xP

Maybe it has to do with the number of his legs, as I heard mentioned before. In each game it changes, from four, to six, to eight.

Additionally, Sleipnir is mentioned in a riddle found in the 13th century legendary saga Hervarar saga ok Heiðreks, in the 13th century legendary saga Völsunga saga as the ancestor of the horse Grani, and book I of Gesta Danorum, written in the 12th century by Saxo Grammaticus, contains an episode considered by many scholars to involve Sleipnir. Sleipnir is generally accepted as depicted on two 8th century Gotlandic image stones; the Tjängvide image stone and the Ardre VIII image stone.

maybe this riddle could have something to do with the answer as well Smile

The_Rebellion

Back to top Go down

Post  Karifean Tue Jan 24, 2012 10:57 pm

Karifean wrote:It is deciphered the same way as something else in the FF series
Karifean
Karifean

Back to top Go down

Post  Zergling_man Wed Jan 25, 2012 9:33 am

Hmm.. So perhaps my idea about the L is irrelevant, since I mentioned the V and X being not in it a while ago, and you've since said FFX. It seems I was right there, but we never took it far enough to work it out back then.

Also I'm thinking that riddle won't be relevant, especially after what Karif just said. Perhaps the objective is just get our hands on FFX and work through it.

(... The note is back again. Sad That trolling signature.)
Zergling_man
Zergling_man

Back to top Go down

Post  The_Rebellion Wed Jan 25, 2012 10:57 am

It msut not be a well known puzzle, I went through all the hint sites for the games, and none of the major puzzle guides help. So it has to be something small, something simple in the game that didnt really require help... Though most likely the game had more context and hints to help you solve it easily. I own FFX, I'll have to load it up tomorrow and play for a bit and see if I can figure it out :3

The_Rebellion

Back to top Go down

Post  dzk87 Tue Feb 07, 2012 4:08 am

has anybody checked the Al Bhed language? Morso, if it's a simple replacement algorithm, I can write a java program that will show us all possible answers.

dzk87

Back to top Go down

Post  Zergling_man Tue Feb 07, 2012 5:27 am

Yes, we've checked Al Bhed. More than once, I believe. Razz
As for the substitution, you reckon you could get it to loop through, and print out, every single letter replacement algorithm? 'Cause there would be LOTS of those. 26!, I believe. Or, 403291461126605635584000000. Even at 30 prints/second, that'd take ages... Still, if it solves it...
Zergling_man
Zergling_man

Back to top Go down

Post  psxlover Tue Feb 07, 2012 6:10 am

A computer can print way more than just 30lines per second, and the amount of possible substitutions is propably 25! or 26! but I doubt trying something like that would get you anywhere.
psxlover
psxlover

Back to top Go down

Post  Zergling_man Tue Feb 07, 2012 6:19 am

Er, yeah. I wasn't thinking when I did that estimate. However, humans can't really process lines that fast. Admittedly we don't have to get it exact, we can just find anything that's close enough... Possibly could do something with only try certain combinations that are wildly different, then trim unlikely results and keep going.

Well, the text on the note means *something*, right? And since it's written in English letters, a substitution should give us something. Unless the message is in another alphabet and this is the direct pronunciation of that...
Zergling_man
Zergling_man

Back to top Go down

Post  dzk87 Tue Feb 07, 2012 7:38 am

There are not 26!, there are 26.... assuming it's a Cesear cipher.

BTW, that set of line's is Kari's sig from another forum...

Random question, where is the last exotic stone located?

dzk87

Back to top Go down

Post  Zergling_man Tue Feb 07, 2012 9:48 am

(Which one do you define as the last one?)

It's not a Caesar cipher. We tried that too.

And yeah, Karif keeps putting the note in his signature. Hence why I made comment on it being there recently. (If you didn't know, that text is written on the "mysterious note" item.)
Zergling_man
Zergling_man

Back to top Go down

Post  dzk87 Tue Feb 07, 2012 5:38 pm

Ok, so here is some thoughts. Zack, or somebody named Zack is in the game. Zack has spiky hair, and the original buster sword.
Next. Some chinese website says there are 5 stones:
A.
Water Stone: -> Water Materia
Two
Sealaga.
Shock to Stone:
Earthquake stone
Boco Stone:
Odin Stone:
Belong to summon Stone, called Odin out.
Fundamental even Odin long Sha Yangzi not know, I really can not describe this one ...
Is said to overthrow Odin team can get.
Summon Odin, the god of the north, the Divine Eudemons
Enemy of zantetsuken: can be easily cut into shreds
CD 5 minutes - team

So yeah... stone number 5 is not any of the others...

dzk87

Back to top Go down

Post  Zergling_man Wed Feb 08, 2012 6:31 am

I don't think Zack will be relevant. More likely he's planned to be part of another quest.

[s]<rest of post will go here later>[/s]
Alright, back.

Now... I don't know what you're doing with those stones. What exactly does the site say/which of it is converted to FFERPG? Where did zantetsuken come from? Is he related to Odin, or just Chinese mythos?
Zergling_man
Zergling_man

Back to top Go down

Post  dzk87 Tue Feb 14, 2012 1:39 am

I can't answer any of your questions there, but you did say that there are 5 stones.....

dzk87

Back to top Go down

Post  psxlover Tue Feb 14, 2012 3:28 am

You got me confused here. What does a list of the available materia have anything to do with finding odin?
Also zantetsuken is odin's sword.
psxlover
psxlover

Back to top Go down

Post  dzk87 Tue Feb 14, 2012 4:41 am

It's simply a bad translation from a website, it basically states that one of the 5 stones is used to summon odin. Can somebody simply name all the stones they know, and where to find them?

dzk87

Back to top Go down

Post  psxlover Tue Feb 14, 2012 5:29 am

I believe that it was stated somewhere in the pollama forum, that odin is obtainable as a materia. But I still don't see what does the fact that someone is refering to the materia as stones in chinese has anything to do with how you will find him.
psxlover
psxlover

Back to top Go down

Post  dzk87 Tue Feb 14, 2012 7:19 am

It said that one materia was used to SUMMON him...

dzk87

Back to top Go down

Post  psxlover Tue Feb 14, 2012 8:03 am

Since there is an odin materia, and it is obtainable, what's strange about summoning him? That's the point of the materia.
psxlover
psxlover

Back to top Go down

Post  dzk87 Tue Feb 14, 2012 8:44 pm

There are 5 materia's. People apparently know where all the materia are. ONE of them summons odin. Thus, if somebody tells me where I can find all of them, I can figure out how to fight odin.

dzk87

Back to top Go down

Post  Flameseeker Tue Feb 14, 2012 8:54 pm

Water Materia ->complete a quest
Seal Materia -> complete a quest
Quake Materia ->complete a quest
Boko Materia ->secret quest (common knowledge but don't know if admins want me to say it, it's not listed on the journal i think)
Odin Materia ->1)beat Eden 2)get the note, 3)solve the riddle, 4)beat Odin (?), 5)Odin drops the materia (?)

To clear any confusion the Odin Hunt in this thread is a way for us to get the riddle solved so we can beat odin in order to get the materia which alows to summon him. Not the other way around (at least that's my though on this matter).

Flameseeker

Back to top Go down

Post  dzk87 Tue Feb 14, 2012 9:02 pm

Yeah, I just understood the issue here. When I said summon, I meant summon to fight, but he thought I meant summon like you summon Eidolons. Looks like we are back to where we started then...

dzk87

Back to top Go down

Post  Zergling_man Wed Feb 15, 2012 9:49 am

The materia DOES summon him as an ally. Though I believe he acts like Boco, one-shotting everything (on the map?) then going on a massive cooldown.

Wait, scratch that, first answer this: "I meant summon to fight" means I fight Odin, or Odin and I fight others?
Zergling_man
Zergling_man

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 11, 12, 13  Next