Final Fantasy Epic RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Finding Odin! (Remade!)

+22
NerotheDB
Andrenden
brewdarrymore
aiornieu
Cuoemrei
TakIntI
n00bz!
RedXBaka
Skyflimax
prime_genx
zakaevier
Rplus
dzk87
The_Rebellion
Kain_Xinth
mafab
Rekieum
Karifean
psxlover
Flameseeker
Darkmega
Zergling_man
26 posters

Page 4 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

Go down

Finding Odin! (Remade!) - Page 4 Empty Re: Finding Odin! (Remade!)

Post  dzk87 Tue Feb 14, 2012 1:39 am

I can't answer any of your questions there, but you did say that there are 5 stones.....

dzk87

Back to top Go down

Post  psxlover Tue Feb 14, 2012 3:28 am

You got me confused here. What does a list of the available materia have anything to do with finding odin?
Also zantetsuken is odin's sword.
psxlover
psxlover

Back to top Go down

Post  dzk87 Tue Feb 14, 2012 4:41 am

It's simply a bad translation from a website, it basically states that one of the 5 stones is used to summon odin. Can somebody simply name all the stones they know, and where to find them?

dzk87

Back to top Go down

Post  psxlover Tue Feb 14, 2012 5:29 am

I believe that it was stated somewhere in the pollama forum, that odin is obtainable as a materia. But I still don't see what does the fact that someone is refering to the materia as stones in chinese has anything to do with how you will find him.
psxlover
psxlover

Back to top Go down

Post  dzk87 Tue Feb 14, 2012 7:19 am

It said that one materia was used to SUMMON him...

dzk87

Back to top Go down

Post  psxlover Tue Feb 14, 2012 8:03 am

Since there is an odin materia, and it is obtainable, what's strange about summoning him? That's the point of the materia.
psxlover
psxlover

Back to top Go down

Post  dzk87 Tue Feb 14, 2012 8:44 pm

There are 5 materia's. People apparently know where all the materia are. ONE of them summons odin. Thus, if somebody tells me where I can find all of them, I can figure out how to fight odin.

dzk87

Back to top Go down

Post  Flameseeker Tue Feb 14, 2012 8:54 pm

Water Materia ->complete a quest
Seal Materia -> complete a quest
Quake Materia ->complete a quest
Boko Materia ->secret quest (common knowledge but don't know if admins want me to say it, it's not listed on the journal i think)
Odin Materia ->1)beat Eden 2)get the note, 3)solve the riddle, 4)beat Odin (?), 5)Odin drops the materia (?)

To clear any confusion the Odin Hunt in this thread is a way for us to get the riddle solved so we can beat odin in order to get the materia which alows to summon him. Not the other way around (at least that's my though on this matter).

Flameseeker

Back to top Go down

Post  dzk87 Tue Feb 14, 2012 9:02 pm

Yeah, I just understood the issue here. When I said summon, I meant summon to fight, but he thought I meant summon like you summon Eidolons. Looks like we are back to where we started then...

dzk87

Back to top Go down

Post  Zergling_man Wed Feb 15, 2012 9:49 am

The materia DOES summon him as an ally. Though I believe he acts like Boco, one-shotting everything (on the map?) then going on a massive cooldown.

Wait, scratch that, first answer this: "I meant summon to fight" means I fight Odin, or Odin and I fight others?
Zergling_man
Zergling_man

Back to top Go down

Post  Flameseeker Wed Feb 15, 2012 7:27 pm

I think someone on the pollama forum said it as like Boco yes. If memory doesn't fail it would do some visible damage to omega weapon with a party cooldown of 10-15min.

Flameseeker

Back to top Go down

Post  dzk87 Sun Feb 19, 2012 3:01 am

I thought the materia was used so that your party could fight against him.

dzk87

Back to top Go down

Post  Zergling_man Sun Feb 19, 2012 6:13 am

This would be the source of the confusion then. Odin Materia is for using him to kill stuff for you.

So... Anyone got any ideas? Or will we let the thread die for a week again, now that we're done with that?
Zergling_man
Zergling_man

Back to top Go down

Post  Rekieum Wed Feb 22, 2012 9:13 pm

Flameseeker wrote:Water Materia ->complete a quest
Seal Materia -> complete a quest
Quake Materia ->complete a quest
Boko Materia ->secret quest (common knowledge but don't know if admins want me to say it, it's not listed on the journal i think)
Odin Materia ->1)beat Eden 2)get the note, 3)solve the riddle, 4)beat Odin (?), 5)Odin drops the materia (?)

To clear any confusion the Odin Hunt in this thread is a way for us to get the riddle solved so we can beat odin in order to get the materia which alows to summon him. Not the other way around (at least that's my though on this matter).

He's right. We can add here that Boco Materia requires 3 greens, because we used to have a thread only for this materia... Back to Odin, I will add some hints.
1)beat Eden, it has more requirements, but they are "secret". I mean that for triggering the note, you have to match more conditions. Beating Eden won't drop the note.
2)get the note, nothing to add here, maybe that the note has the riddle written on it, and it has no use for itself.
3)solve the riddle, this thread reason.
4)beat Odin, 5)Odin drops the materia (?), are mere suppositions, but it would be a nice order to get the materia, fight an ultimate level boss, and then get a super materia.

Still, we have to carry on solving the riddle.
Rekieum
Rekieum

Back to top Go down

Post  Kain_Xinth Sat Feb 25, 2012 4:57 am

Hmm..Well, there is one thing I can add for a certainty. I don't know whether Odin's sword is named Zantetsuken or not, what I do know is how he acted in the older FFs. If you summoned him against enemies that were too large to be carved into little bitty pieces his attack was named Gungnir and he hurled a spear at a single enemy. If they were smaller and able to be one-shot killed by him, his attack was called Zantetsuken. Logically that would be the name of his sword, since Gungnir was supposedly his spear. Also, I'd like to mention that I haven't been around much lately 'cause I recently got a job. It's been a crazy couple weeks on my end, but once things settle down I'll probably be online more often.

(P.S. although when you look at the names, Zantetsuken doesn't really look like a norse name for a blade honestly. My guess is it's Japanese based on the pronunciation and spelling, but it's just a guess.)

Kain_Xinth

Back to top Go down

Post  Zergling_man Sat Feb 25, 2012 6:11 am

Zantetsuken definitely sounds Japanese. I'll throw it through Google Translate, just out of curiosity. It'll probably turn up nothing, since it's probably a name rather than a word. Ok, a little messing around gives me "Zan iron sword". More than I was expecting, and less than I was expecting.
Zergling_man
Zergling_man

Back to top Go down

Post  Rplus Sun Feb 26, 2012 1:23 pm

[English] Zantetsuken 【 Romanization of Japanese @ wikipedia 】
[Japanese] 斬鉄剣

meaning: the sword skill can cut off all iron stuff

video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P_K4rQS3jDI

btw,
this map, Odin's setting: two weapons (I have not seen Odin... Crying or Very sad )

1. Steel Bladed Sword [Artifact Weapon]
    Increases damage by 200, attack speed by 75%, All stats by 50 and gives a 25% chance to do 3 times normal damage on an attack
    [ Information ]
    The sword of the legendary Odin, with which he is able to perform his deadly Zantetsuken.

2. Gunge Lance [Artifact Off-Hand Weapon] (!!?)
    Increases damage by 100, all stats by 100 and gives a 20% chance to do 2 times normal damage on an attack.
    [ Information ]
    The lance of Divine Eidolon and Northern God Odin, which he uses whenever his Steel Bladed Sword is not available.
Rplus
Rplus

http://fferpg-zhtw.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  mafab Mon Feb 27, 2012 10:16 pm

Something I just thought of reading the weapon idea, considering the hint of knowledge off Final Fantasy X: Yojimbo. He is basically the replacement of Odin in FFX, his one-hit weapon being called Zanmatou. I don't know if this can be related to anything on the map, but this character might actually be important in some way. I have no idea how, but I do believe that the FFX knowledge might be related to Yojimbo, as he is a secret (but well known) summon.

His attacks and the little knowledge available in the game can be found here: http://finalfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/Yojimbo_%28Summon%29
Maybe someone can think of anything on the map when reading this text. I didn't, I only had the vage idea that I just stated.

mafab

Back to top Go down

Post  zakaevier Sun Mar 04, 2012 5:44 am

how about putting the 4 materias around the obelisk in front of the wind edilon(the one near the northern mountain teleporter) on those weird symbols?

zakaevier

Back to top Go down

Post  Zergling_man Sun Mar 04, 2012 6:38 am

If you're talking about the place right near Priscilla, we already considered that. Devs have told us it's empty, although I think they're planning something for it. I don't know if that's for 0.9.3 or later.
Zergling_man
Zergling_man

Back to top Go down

Post  zakaevier Sun Mar 04, 2012 7:03 am

kk been a long time till the map next update hope its coming soon @.@

zakaevier

Back to top Go down

Post  prime_genx Sun Apr 08, 2012 6:03 am

maybe if we find wirret's body we may find clues to odin hence it was written in the news paper and nothing of all quest fits with the news
prime_genx
prime_genx

Back to top Go down

Post  Zergling_man Sun Apr 08, 2012 6:51 am

I'm guessing that's going to be a red-herring, but it's worth a check. I should jump on with you sometime - send me a PM or something, and I'll try to get it in time.
Zergling_man
Zergling_man

Back to top Go down

Post  Karifean Sun Apr 08, 2012 7:11 pm

Zergling_man wrote:I'm guessing that's going to be a red-herring,

It is.
Karifean
Karifean

Back to top Go down

Post  prime_genx Wed Apr 11, 2012 2:12 pm

wow... as reviews from the past threads... i think years have passed pending this mystery... I wonder when will people imply on how the mystery note really works! I already got my hands on it trice... but cant find any shredder on the map that will tear it to peaces... I tried placing it atop of a volcano on naga island just to watch it turn to ashes and be covered all by molten magma... but that dammed note perceives! much more compared to that ring of frodo thrown into the fire of mount doom! tsk
prime_genx
prime_genx

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11, 12, 13  Next